PDA

View Full Version : Weighting up the head of DNX 8 with heavier grommets

gd!
03-02-2006, 09:38 PM
NBM and all other Volkl users and knowers,

I need your input here...

Currently I switched from Tour 9 VE to the DNX 8 X-tended. It surprises me a bit, the balance point at both racquets is quite the same unless the weight difference between both frames.

As I psychologically like a bit heavier stuff to hit with, I now want to make the DNX a bit heavier in its head. Around this board I read sometimes about changing the grommets instead of using lead tape. To be honest, I am not a friend of lead so this option sounds good to me.

E.g., taking a look at the grommets of T9VE 16/19 the bigger section usually used from 2 to 10 o'clock is much longer. So I guess its heavier as well.

Maybe grommets of Tour 8 V-Engine have the same outer mold as the 9VE, maybe somebody can check-out for me, maybe somebody can compare it to the DNX 8.

Any other thoughts and advices are highly welcome, too!

Thanks in advance,
gd!

nagaul
03-03-2006, 08:20 AM
the dnx 8 is a 16x18 pattern so i cant imagine that it would work, it might be possiable to install a grommet strip from a tour 8 v engine which has the same pattern but slightly different shaped head i don't know. You could always put lead under the bumper strip then you wouldn't see it.

LAW2
03-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Do you live in the US? I ask because I was told the DNX8 would not be available in the US.

NoBadMojo
03-03-2006, 11:25 AM
the DNX8 frame is unlike any of the other Volkls that I know of..I cant see how this would work
Law2 the DNX8 is available now from TW. the extended version is the one not available in the US

gd!
03-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Yes, it seems its rounder shaped outside and just flat designed at inside of the head...thought the BB10 grommets may could work also, but they may are all too different in head design.

So, I need to add lead under the top grommet?

I play with DNX 8 X-tended and don't live in the US. Thanks, guys!

gd!