PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!

JBLAKE_08
03-03-2006, 06:11 AM
Hey guys, I need really need some advice on selecting a new racket. I am a baseliner who hits topspin. I right now play the Volkl Tour 9 V-engine 16X19 which is a little to light and a little to powerful. The season is also almost hear (3 weeks). Some of my options are 1) Keep my racket until season is over. Which i really want to change my racket. 2) My second option is to put lead tape on my racket. If you think this is a good idea tell me where to put it please. 3) My final option is to get something new. I was kind of thinking of sticking with Volkl rackets. I was thinking of trying the tour 10 V-engine and the C10 pro which is a great racket i hear. If i was to try another brand: I also think the Wilson Rok might be good also. Are any of these rackets great for topspin? I guess what I am looking for is a controlled racket with a great sweetspot, touch and feel, and great topspin. I also have a problem, the racket shop close to me doesn't have demos of the Rok or C10 pro. Also if you could reccomend any other rackets that suit my playing style, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!!

rocket
03-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey guys, I need really need some advice on selecting a new racket. I am a baseliner who hits topspin.

The POG mid might be your answer. It's the king of topspin in my opinion, plus it adds a lot of heft to the ball. Feels & plays very solid. :D

At $120 new, it's a steal. Demo it!

Marius_Hancu
03-03-2006, 10:24 AM
FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

Kaptain Karl
03-03-2006, 10:43 AM
You didn't say what your level is....

Check Marius' link ^^^ and consider the excellent and easy Demo Program (www.tennis-warehouse.com/demoprogram.html) available through TW. (Local shop's limitations are a bother.)

- KK

JBLAKE_08
03-04-2006, 05:39 AM
Hey sorry guys I forgot. My level is about 4.0. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

joe1987
03-04-2006, 06:35 AM
Hmm, yeah...POG

tom4ny
03-04-2006, 06:52 AM
jb - the c10 is a sweet bat but a little on the heavy side. i have 2 and enjoy them but they are very diff from the 9v. based on what you state above the t10 gen II might be a good option. great spin potential (better than the t10v), a little heavier but not heavy. if you have whippy/loopy strokes this one might be your best choice. tho is use a semi-western grip and i have good success with my bat. a little more punch than the t10 gen II.

note: when you try these frames take note of the pace, trajectory, and (importantly) what the ball does AFTER it bounces. someone else promotes this and i found it to be so true. meaning, i enjoyed how i hit my shots with the c10 and t10 genII but had better success in practice session then matches cuz my shots bounced higher and set up easier for my opponent. so i went back to the stick that helped me win matches.

best of luck!

gonzalocatalino
03-04-2006, 08:58 AM
Try with the Volkl T10 VE MP, really a wonderfull racquet that match with what you say you need.