PDA

View Full Version : Head Flexpoint Instinct vs. Head Classic MP.............(Advice Appreciated!!!)

Andy Zarzuela
03-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Hey guys,
Perhaps you can help me make a choice. Two years ago, I played with the Liquidmetal version Instinct. However, I broke 3 of them, so I decided to switch back to my favorite company, Yonex. However, I've yet to find a Yonex (I've hit with just about everything out there) and I've come to the conclusion that perhaps none of their racquets are for me. Yonex is geared more towards heavy topspinners. I hit the ball very hard and flat. When I play experienced players, I win matches by going for my shots, not by outlasting them in rallies. I thought I'd give one of these racquets a try, since they have denser pattern, which will suit my game much better than my current racquet (Nanospeed RQ 7). I like many things about the RQ 7, except it's a tad too light and a tad to powerful for my flat strokes. I know the Instinct is somewhat powerful, but I've read that the Head Classic MP (the 102 head) is surprisingly powerful as well. Please let me know what you think.

OH BTW, HAS ANYONE HEARD OF CRACKING ISSUES OF THE FLEXPOINT INSTINCT? LIKE I SAID, I BROKE 3 LIQUIDMETAL INSTINCTS FROM NORMAL PLAY.....AND FOUND OUT HERE THAT I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM! THANKS!

dennis1188
03-03-2006, 12:38 PM
The Instinct, I ordered, sometime ago for demo arrived cracked (in upper hoop). I hv both the 102sqin head classic mp and 660 prestige (IMO better balance than the instinct but u supply all yr own power), great topspin IF strung very high w/ (stiff) prince lightning 16g @ +68lbs (watch yr technique and elbow ). IMO the 660 is not better choice for 'flat hitters', in my own exp. the dense string patterns, say 18x20, when strung w/very high tension r better for topspin. cheers