PDA

View Full Version : No pain - what a concept!

slewisoh
03-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Hi all.

I justed wanted to post a big thanks y'all to the posters who helped me find an arm friendly racquet. I actually threw my hyper hammers in the trash, as I couldn't bring myself to offer such a destructive racquet to another human being.

It's been a long time since I woke up without having my wrist hurt.:)

I am enamored with the 16x19 Volkl Tour 9 VEMP - did I say that correctly? Plenty of weight, on the flexible side, solid volleys and enough power to help me get my groundies deep. And I'm getting consistent depth on my slice serve. But best of all, I have NO PAIN!

I may even take up singles again.:D

Freedom
03-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Glad that you're not hurting anymore.

North
03-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Hi all.

I justed wanted to post a big thanks y'all to the posters who helped me find an arm friendly racquet. I actually threw my hyper hammers in the trash, as I couldn't bring myself to offer such a destructive racquet to another human being.

It's been a long time since I woke up without having my wrist hurt.:)

I am enamored with the 16x19 Volkl Tour 9 VEMP - did I say that correctly? Plenty of weight, on the flexible side, solid volleys and enough power to help me get my groundies deep. And I'm getting consistent depth on my slice serve. But best of all, I have NO PAIN!

I may even take up singles again.:D

Good for you! Although, you could have used the hyper hammers as stakes for tomato plants this summer - lol. Definitely take up singles again - it's a whole different world physically and, especially, mentally.

Masamusou
03-03-2006, 12:02 PM
And the Volkl Rebellion gains another supporter...

Marius_Hancu
03-03-2006, 12:17 PM
now you need to start really leaning about how to deal with pain:

Great fitness sites
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=33800

esp the Elbow and Wrist Pain sections

Michael Musok
03-03-2006, 12:17 PM
You probably won't believe this, but the 9 VE was too stiff for me and gave me arm trouble. I'm glad it's working for you and can see why you think it's comfortable compared to what you were playing with. If you ever played with the C10 Pro you would probably think your driving a Caddy because of the unbelievable comfort level. I actually played great with the 9VE (16x19) and hope that the new DNX 9 will play similar but softer, I believe someone did say that was the case.

slewisoh
03-03-2006, 12:22 PM
now you need to start really leaning about how to deal with pain:

Thank you Marius, I am also going to physical therapy 3x per week. I know it was not just a matter of changing racquets, but it certainly was a piece of the puzzle.

Shelly

Marius_Hancu
03-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Thank you Marius, I am also going to physical therapy 3x per week. I know it was not just a matter of changing racquets, but it certainly was a piece of the puzzle.

be careful what are you doing in physio; weights (even very light ones) too early in your recovery (instead of total rest) can compromise the process, depending on the gravity of your case

be aware that some docs and physios might push you in that undesireable direction; just back off

read the links to see what the collectivive experience here tells you

read other "elbow" and "wrist" threads