PDA

View Full Version : Cat8ve question for NoBadMojo

SC in MA
03-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Mojo (or any others who are in the know with Volkl): Just wondering if you've heard anything about the future of the Cat8ve, now that the DNX8 is out? Any plans for Volkl to discontinue it ?

Also, kinda related...Do you know if the Cat8ve has been very popular in the US or Internationally ? The reviews of Rabbit and some of the other board members got me to take a look at this racket, which I never would have based on its specs and looks. I find it to be a totally underappreciated racket. I've never seen anyone else use it.

Thanks for any info.

LAW2
03-03-2006, 12:55 PM
I would like to know as well. The Cat 8 is on my short list and if I like it I'll want more than one.

NoBadMojo
03-03-2006, 01:38 PM
aye, I havent heard of any plans for Volkl to drop this frame, but who knows? It's a unique frame offering a lot of benefits I think, so i would advise you to go out and buy it if you like it, as nothing i know of plays quite like it.
Lots of people spread rumours around here...some people said Volkl is dropping the V-Engines, but instead they come out with a V-Engine in the DNX9.
I would guess they would carry this frame at least through the year, but I am just speculating and dont know how well it is selling for them....as we know, often really good frames end up in the bargain bin, and some crappy ones are immensely popular.
So I would say go buy, and if they do drop it, better for you as you can get more of them on a deal

SC in MA
03-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks Mojo. Count me in as one who appreciates your contributions to this board !