PDA

View Full Version : AeroPro Drive Plus, elbow pains?

Lee
03-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Hello,

I recently demoed the APD+ and immediately fell in love with the racket. My shots are stronger, more penetrating, with more spin. My reach has improved significantly, especially on my 2 handed backhand. The weight at 12.3 oz is perfect for me. I was able to generate a nice pop on my 1st serve and a very nice kick on my 2nd serve. I am extremely tempted to buy a couple of APD+ right now.

With that said, I just wanted to make sure that my elbow will not suffer from the use of APD+. I have played with Pure Drive Standard for the past two years and had absolutely no problem with it. APD+ is slightly heavier and 0.5 inches longer. Has anyone experienced any elbow pains from using APD+?

Thanks for your time and input!
Jason

DXS
03-03-2006, 12:39 PM
I played with it for a while. I didn't experience any problems with it or the PD+. I did however have probs with the ncode tour 90, Slaz X-1, and the Tour 95.

I think people just like to put down Babolat. One stick everyone on here is raving about is the new Volkl DNX 8. They say its a PD clone but not as bad on your elbow. I've hit with it. It's a good stick, but it felt a lot like my PD to me. I don't think there was that big of a difference, but since it's a Volkl, it must be better for your arm..... Please!!!!

-ds

Marius_Hancu
03-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Lee,

check the advice given here which, contrary to the thread title, relates to the apd's a lot:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=80061

Marius_Hancu
03-03-2006, 02:11 PM
check what the OP here says, new post:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=783041

Cruzer
03-03-2006, 02:57 PM
I switched from the PD+ to the APD+ about a year ago and have not had any elbow/arm problems not did I ever have any elbow/arm problems with the PD+. I have hit with a few other racquets in the past year but none are as good as the APD+ in my opinion. The claims of Babolat racquets being the cause of elbow/arm problems is over-exaggerated. I know lots of people playing PD's and none of them are walking around with elbow braces or complaining of elbow/arm problems.

Lee
03-03-2006, 09:12 PM
I switched from the PD+ to the APD+ about a year ago and have not had any elbow/arm problems not did I ever have any elbow/arm problems with the PD+. I have hit with a few other racquets in the past year but none are as good as the APD+ in my opinion. The claims of Babolat racquets being the cause of elbow/arm problems is over-exaggerated. I know lots of people playing PD's and none of them are walking around with elbow braces or complaining of elbow/arm problems.

Thank you for the comment, Cruzer. Glad to see that you are representin' the Norcal as well. Babolat forever!