PDA

View Full Version : What's Up w/ Wilson?

srvnvly
03-04-2006, 09:08 AM
How come the new Wilson racquets are such a mystery? Am I too anxious? Even the crappy Tennis Magazine gear review has two new Wilson sticks (nBlade and nSix2), but nothing on the Wilson site, or any other retailers site. What is the mystery? Back in Jan, I e-mailed Wilson and they said Feb 1 site update; after Feb 1, they said "in the next couple of weeks." Now they have stopped responding.

snoflewis
03-04-2006, 09:29 AM
How come the new Wilson racquets are such a mystery? Am I too anxious? Even the crappy Tennis Magazine gear review has two new Wilson sticks (nBlade and nSix2), but nothing on the Wilson site, or any other retailers site. What is the mystery? Back in Jan, I e-mailed Wilson and they said Feb 1 site update; after Feb 1, they said "in the next couple of weeks." Now they have stopped responding.

just wait and see, just because you keep contacting them doesnt mean that they will release a racket earlier. and btw, the nBlade is out on TW

Keifers
03-04-2006, 04:44 PM
I agree that Wilson tennis web site leaves a lot to be desired. The content is minimal, as the OP said, and the site is very slow to boot. Surprising and disappointing.

Court_Jester
03-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Most of these websites focus more on the gimmicky presentations than information about their products. Ever noticed that they all require Flash plug-ins and such but no substance? If I want information about racquets, I usually get more from TW or other online retail stores than the manufacturer's websites.

srvnvly
03-04-2006, 05:29 PM
just wait and see, just because you keep contacting them doesnt mean that they will release a racket earlier. and btw, the nBlade is out on TW

I get that Wilson (or anyone else) will not release something because I request it, but they stated that they would have it updated with new product by a date and are way past it; I am an information junky! I also agree that there is not much on Wilson's site but flash and pop; but if they are advertising nationally to consumers (i.e. TMs gear issue - also see shoe ad), then have it available on their site.

And I do know that the nBlade is available on TWs site, but why can't Wilson have it also on their site? I also agree and trush TWs specs more than any other site, including the manufacturer.