PDA

View Full Version : Possibly my last post about selecting a racket.

ttwarrior1
03-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Okay im sure some of you were entertained by my posts.

1. Im 6'3 and over 300 pounds. I have no joint pain, back or knee and im very fast with alot of endurance although i dont like long rallies and get whipped by 50-60 year olds that do nothing but push it back.

2. i go for winners alot. Some shots look like im a pro and other shots look like i just started even though i did the exact same swing.

3. I have a low ball toss on serves and can serve 110 with no warmups even after 5 months of no tennis. I always play my best match after a layoff

4. On hard serves im known to just get to it and hit it down the line low for a winner. Not sure if this means i have a long or short swing.

5. i switch hands back and forth, never use two hands. Palm forward whatever that means.

6. I use a ttwarrior racket and it took 5 mph off my serve but better wide serves.

7. ive never used a 95 ever . Since i dont know much about rackets i assumed longer and bigger was better.

8 Im assuming i have my own power since i can just throw it up and boom.

9. worst part of my game is me just standing there on a second serve and hitting a slow straight non spin serve and it ends up going 150 mph, so it seems and curves out at the last second and goes out, other times perfect.

10. I do play advanced division and i lose to more intermediates than i do advanced.

11.When i return my shots. At the extension my arm is straight out in front of my palms facing the side or in if you understand that.

12. I plan on demoing 3 rackets.
so far Yonex RDS, Wilson nblade , prince 03 white, and dunlop 200 g is in the lead

sorry for the long post. Better than 7 confusing posts. Answer and ill never come back

ttwarrior1
03-04-2006, 02:26 PM
guess noone read it all or knows what rackets i should demo

H-town hero
03-04-2006, 02:30 PM
by reading all of that im assumin you have bad form

300Gkid
03-04-2006, 03:03 PM
well, your a big guy, maybe you should try the Wilson PS 6.0 85 or 95, i hear its very solid, not that much power but its heavy so u can generate more on serves.

jackson vile
03-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Is this for real:confused:

pached
03-04-2006, 07:17 PM
TTwarrior, you already seem to have quite a few racquets in mind to demo and people have already given you a ton of suggestions on what to try. Some of these racquets you listed aren't even ones that were suggested to you. Now instead of making the same post for the umpteenth time, get your demo racquets and hit the courts!

Alafter
03-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Since consistency, patience and timing is not your thing, then any racquet that you played on your "good day" on the court will probably feel like the best racquet for you. Just go try them out and get whatever you played good with that day. For you, racquets arent gonna change your performance that much. But, I do support feeling good about your gear.

ttwarrior1
03-04-2006, 09:19 PM
yeah ive had people suggest just about every racket , so i will likely get 4 rackets but each different. Good news is i won 150 playing poker tonight and can afford any racket now since ill use this money for that after i demo.

Pomeranian
03-04-2006, 09:47 PM
You've gotten so many responses on how to choose a racquet. When will you be satisfied? We can't predict what racquet you'll play best with no matter what information you give us about your game. We aren't psychics. Like many people suggested, demo, demo, and demo. Find a racquet you play best with and stick with it. Because through your confusing posts in the tennis tips and instruction, you obviously don't want tips or instruction, but rather confuse us with a non-written question about racquets. Good lord almighty, I am most definately entertained with your posts especially with the one with you can't deal 30 mph serves and people who hit them suck. If you can handle pace and but not consistancy, you got bigger problems than advice on what racquet you should get. I'm going to really sugar-coat it and say, make this your last post about what racquet you should get.

FuZz_Da_AcE
03-04-2006, 11:34 PM
dont ask, every person is different...as i learned. go demo the racquets at ur nearest tennis shop, and let your local pro recommend any other racquets that mite b suitable, since u have that extra 150 2 play around with. good luk

brucie
03-05-2006, 04:44 AM
A real heavy stick Babolat Pure Control /Federers racket/ Liquid metal Prestige

ace of spades
03-05-2006, 09:53 AM
A tt warrior would be perfectly fine if you had good form. (make it a little heavier with lead btw)
I suggest that you go and take that $150 and use it to fix up your form with some private lessons (especially get rid of that racket switching hands for each side, thats just not gunna work). Also if you get some lesson you will be able to play more consistently and not lose to intermediates. You ought to be more focused on your form and consistency rather than a new racket. (btw why are you so intent on getting one of those new rackets that just came out even though they dont fit to your style of play? if you really want a new racket go with some heavier, good racket that is well known to be good for your style of play)

ttwarrior1
03-05-2006, 01:05 PM
okay how about when i just stick out my racket, the ball still travels over 100 . Is that form too? I cant get lessons and no i will not change the changing hands and yes i teach the highschool kids to do the same and they love it. It also makes it easier to return serves big time.

City where i live has 70 percent unemployment and yes they use wal mart rackets and yes one uses a raquet ball racket.

ttwarrior1
03-05-2006, 01:14 PM
how much is lead tape and how do you put it on.

Masamusou
03-05-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm just going to throw out what I'm sure at least 80% of the people that read this are thinking. What the hell are you talking about? "Stick the racquet out and the ball travels over 100 mph"... yeah... right... Do you even know how fast 100mph is?

pached
03-05-2006, 01:51 PM
okay how about when i just stick out my racket, the ball still travels over 100 . Is that form too? I cant get lessons and no i will not change the changing hands and yes i teach the highschool kids to do the same and they love it. It also makes it easier to return serves big time.

City where i live has 70 percent unemployment and yes they use wal mart rackets and yes one uses a raquet ball racket.

TT, you obviously don't have any form if you stick out your racquet. If it's going as fast as you say, then you're clearly just blocking back the other player's hit (and since you supposedly play in the advanced league, it would make sense). You have no right teaching developing players bad form. Teach them how to play real tennis or don't teach them at all because you're just passing on bad habits that shouldn't be passed on. I seriously doubt that you can play in the advanced league like you say because from what I've heard, a beginner taking lessons has better form and technique than you. Use the $150 and get someone, anyone who can play tennis, to give you a few lessons. Until then, you have no right to teach these kids, even if they are poor like you say.

Also, how does changing hands make returning the serve easier? It would make it worse because if the serve is going to your backhand side, you have to bring your hand from the top of the handle for your "special" return, making for a slower reaction from the ready position. That's if you know what a ready position is at all.

how much is lead tape and how do you put it on.

Do some research. You're on the forum of one of the most comprehensive tennis equipment sites on the web! http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Customizing/customize.html will show you how to apply lead tape and it only took me 10 seconds to find.

ttwarrior1
03-05-2006, 02:06 PM
i never said i stick my racket out. I said at times when i had because i had no choice that my shots still go back that fast.

Everyone tells me i hit harder than anyone ever and the most talented player they ever seen. People are stunned when playing me and notice i cant hit a ten mph shot and thats all they can do to beat me

Pomeranian
03-05-2006, 02:34 PM
i never said i stick my racket out. I said at times when i had because i had no choice that my shots still go back that fast.

Everyone tells me i hit harder than anyone ever and the most talented player they ever seen. People are stunned when playing me and notice i cant hit a ten mph shot and thats all they can do to beat me

And that is why people suggest you get lessons instead of buying another racquet. If you can't beat a 10 mph shot you could lose to a person who's seven. I don't care who tells you how talented you are, switching hands on the return of serve will not help your game. Even a well placed 90 mph serve will be too fast to return effectively using that. How can you claim to return 100+ serves.

If you can't afford lessons but obviously have access to the internet with all these posts, check out the sticky. They have instruction on the proper technique for forehands, backhands, serves, volleys, overheads, anything you can imagine. They are helpful if you read through it, I don't know what your tennis goals are but obviously it's not to improve if you are satisfied with losing against dinkers.

Donnie Darko
03-05-2006, 02:40 PM

70%?!?!

Where do you live, Detroit?

AndyP
03-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Are all of you oblivious to the fact that this kid is just making this all up to **** you off.

This place could really use a mod.

ttwarrior1
03-05-2006, 06:39 PM
kid? no no kid here. This is why im asking on another post what the best spin slice racket is. Ill just do that on certain shots instead of going for it

ace of spades
03-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Are all of you oblivious to the fact that this kid is just making this all up to **** you off.

This place could really use a mod.
Im starting to think thats the case. Its hard to believe that anyone is so ignorant and childish would ever go on these boards, and for that matter play tennis.

Generally, i am nice to people who ask for advice, but im sorry but this one is really starting to agrivate me off.

Yuki Kirihara
03-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Every post he makes is a joke.

He has no idea what happens during his own swing, refuses to take suggestions, doesn't like rehab because he doesn't want to do the exercises. Advanced division? Is this some kind of league in peoples' backyards?

And apparently he's also very fast at 300 pounds.

Please, stop replying to this guy's posts. He isn't even taking any advice even though he keeps asking the same questions.

ace of spades
03-05-2006, 06:47 PM
im asking on another post what the best spin slice racket is. Ill just do that on certain shots instead of going for it

for someone who has 136 posts you seem oblivious to the fact that there is in fact a "search" feature on this board.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=79463&highlight=racket+slice

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=50988&highlight=racket+slice

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=45771&highlight=racket+slice

maybe it was 136 posts of asking the same repetitive questions and not absorbing any answers.

pached
03-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I actually went through all of his posts and threads. I got quite a kick out of them. So in his latest post, he changed his demo selection YET again. He clearly does not know anything about racquets, yet plays in the advanced division. In one post, he even admits to not knowing what a headlight racquet is, among other things!

Pomeranian
03-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Yes, I agree. Either way, joke or not, this person is still displaying the most childish behavior.

ttwarrior1
03-06-2006, 12:55 PM
why would i know. I just play tennis

VGP
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM
ttwarrior1 - if you can't afford or don't have a good pro around to help you, how about posting a video of you playing and maybe we can lend a hand.

armand
03-06-2006, 01:16 PM
yeah ive had people suggest just about every racket , so i will likely get 4 rackets but each different. Good news is i won 150 playing poker tonight and can afford any racket now since ill use this money for that after i demo.Tennis is good for excercise, keep at it! As for a more serious endeavour, you already got it: Poker. You've already won more in poker in one night than most people do in a lifetime of playing tennis.

ace of spades
03-06-2006, 06:28 PM
As for a more serious endeavour, you already got it: Poker. You've already won more in poker in one night than most people do in a lifetime of playing tennis.
But, weighing at 300 pounds and possesing muscles capable of benching 400 (or so he says) im sure hes got a hell of a poker face.:mad:

mrcapslock
03-06-2006, 09:00 PM
wow. this has got to be the funniest set of forum post I've ever read on a tennis forum. Kids using racquet ball racquets? thats insane stuff.

armand
03-06-2006, 09:14 PM
But, weighing at 300 pounds and possesing muscles capable of benching 400 (or so he says) im sure hes got a hell of a poker face.:mad:Haha, you mean: "Why is he sweating? Oh he's always sweating? Oh, that's a problem...in more ways than one"
jk

ttwarrior1
03-07-2006, 12:13 PM
no i dont sweat much all. People ask me how i have so much energy. I usually say when your squatting 500 pounds for ten reps, playing tennis is a piece of cake.

gully
03-07-2006, 01:02 PM
no i dont sweat much all. People ask me how i have so much energy. I usually say when your squatting 500 pounds for ten reps, playing tennis is a piece of cake.Dude, you crack me up SO. Maybe you could post a bit more often?