PDA

View Full Version : Pimp My Racket!!

tennisgirl_001
03-04-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi Everyone,
well i have a question? I got this racket but the strings are really old and an ugly color! I was wondering if there is such thing as painting or spray painting a raquet? I also thought it would be cute to put my initial in the middle! CAN ANYONE HALP ME??:D

P.S. I LOVE TENNIS!!!

tennisgirl_001
03-04-2006, 02:10 PM
:D please help:D

snoflewis
03-04-2006, 02:21 PM
you should do a search. there have been several posts that discuss how to paint rackets. you can always color your strings w/ a stencil kit or even a sharpie...or get colored strings

tennisgirl_001
03-04-2006, 02:23 PM
does a sharpie really work?:confused:

Donnie Darko
03-04-2006, 02:38 PM
does a sharpie really work?:confused:

You could use a sharpie and stencil to put your initial on the strings but it would be tedious to try and color all of the strings with it and it would be uneven at best.

Your best bet is to get it re-strung with some pink strings. Not the cheapest route, but it would look the best.

scotus
03-04-2006, 02:39 PM
If your strings are old and ugly, get the racquet restrung. Look for popular strings like Prince Synthetic Gut and you will find all sorts of colors.

After that you can create your own stencil. For example, use your computer and laser printer and print out the initial of your name the way you would like. Then use a razor blade to cut out the inside. After that, it's just a matter of coloring. Maybe TW carries stencil ink in various colors?

tennisgirl_001
03-04-2006, 02:41 PM
what would you suggest aas the best strings for a tennis racket (keep in mind i haven't played to long):D

rocket
03-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi I also thought it would be cute to put my initial in the middle!
P.S. I LOVE TENNIS!!!

Sure you can do that. Make a stencil of the shape of the stringbed, cut out your initial in the middle & hey presto, you can spray any color you want on the string. :cool:

thetenniskid07
03-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Get psgd 17g (prince synthetic gut with duraflex).

La Bomba
03-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Take your racquet to an Auto body shop and just ask them to paint your racquet pink.

b-dizzle
03-04-2006, 05:36 PM
wait, could you use just any spraypaint with the stencil method? Wouldn't it just flake off? And would it have any effect on the performance or durability of the strings? Just thought it would be cool to put my school logo in the middle of the stringbed.

jackson vile
03-04-2006, 06:01 PM
I could Pimp you, a lot a money you know but if you don't give me my cut I'll cut......;)

brucie
03-05-2006, 06:36 AM
[QUOTE=b-dizzle]wait, could you use just any spraypaint with the stencil method? Wouldn't it just flake off? And would it have any effect on the performance or durability of the strings? Just thought it would be cool to put my school logo in the middle of the stringbed.[/QUOTE

You'd be the pride of the school!

I'd stick to a manufacturer logo or your initials.