PDA

View Full Version : Racquets to Demo

300Gkid
03-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Replacing 300G I'll probably end up testing 6 in total. I want a little more pop and weight than the 300G. (but not too much weight im not that strong)Here are the racquets i was looking at

Babalot Pure Drive Std.
Prince 03 White
Babalot Pure Storm (the orange one)
Liquidmetal or Flexpoint Instinct (what are the differences between the two)
ProKennex Ki 5
Wilson Npro Surge Ncode

Are there any racquets im missing out on?

300Gkid
03-05-2006, 07:41 AM
anyone have any suggestions?

ravemaster806
03-05-2006, 07:53 AM
i think u should try flexpoint radical tour, i hink u will like it, hope that help

d wayne
03-05-2006, 08:24 AM
If you like the 300g, but just want a little more pop and weight, give the mfil300 a try. I use it and find that it provides nice feel, more power than the 300g and swings a little heavier.
I only demo'd it due to the low price, did not expect to like it & actually loved it.
I have not tried the new Prince rackets(Hybrid Shark & O3 White, but they certainly look interesting. Finally, a test of the Pure Drive or Pure Storm is certainly worthwhile. I play with a few guys(4.0 level) that have switched to the PD, PD Plus & APD and have really played well with them

Mr.Federer
03-05-2006, 08:28 AM
Replacing 300G I'll probably end up testing 6 in total. I want a little more pop and weight than the 300G. (but not too much weight im not that strong)Here are the racquets i was looking at

Babalot Pure Drive Std.
Prince 03 White
Babalot Pure Storm (the orange one)
Liquidmetal or Flexpoint Instinct (what are the differences between the two)
ProKennex Ki 5
Wilson Npro Surge Ncode

Are there any racquets im missing out on?

300hKid, the difference between the LM and the flexpoint Instinct is the price. They're the same thing except that the FXP is a 1 point head light less than the LM and the stiffness is a bit higher for the FXP(65 compared to 63). I believe that you should also try the Wilson Ntour, it's a bit heavier than the surge(0.5 ounces) and is also a bit longer(0.25 inches). The Ntour really has some nice pop on groundstrokes and serves. Although the Ntour is 0.1 lighter than your 300g. But I believe from what you're looking for that you're going to have a good time hitting the Pure Storm.

Happy hitting!

btw, 300gkid, it's babolat not babalot;)

Marius_Hancu
03-05-2006, 12:23 PM
FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

Thaimyshoe
03-05-2006, 12:58 PM
If you like the 300G you should try Prince tour diablo(mid). They both play similar but the diablo is just heavier in my opinion.

300Gkid
03-05-2006, 04:11 PM
hmmm..... well doesn't the radical have way less power than the instinct?. But anyway the club i go lets you demo Dunlops there so..... and the Surge is 11 ounces so wouldn't it be heavier than the Ntour. i'll give the Ntour a look though......so if i could afford either one would a lm or FXP instict be better? Because if they are really the same i'd get the LM and i dont want to demo them both so...... what are your thoughts on the Prokennex Ki 5?

300Gkid
03-07-2006, 01:02 PM
now im really confused, i now have like 10 racquets im looking at. Anyway it doesn't have to have more power than the 300G just not less. Anyway so now i've began to look at the Aero Pro Drive, Wilson Ntour, Flexpoint Radical (would that have less power than 300G?) and Volkl DNX8 along with my original 6. Can someone pick out the best 6 for me in those 10?

300Gkid
03-08-2006, 02:38 PM
i think i have decided

Babolot Aeropro Drive
Babolot Pure Storm MP
Prince 03 white
Volkl DNX8
Wilson Ntour
Head Flexpoint Instinct

the only ones im not sure about leaving out is the Pure Drive and the Surge would u guys replace any of these racquets with it?

PrinceO3UserInOz
03-16-2006, 02:39 AM
I use the FXP Instinct and love it. Give it a try.