PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!!!!!!!

JBLAKE_08
03-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey guys, I really need some good quick advice on selecting a new racket. I am a baseliner who I guess you could say hits a lot of topspin. I right now play the Volkl Tour 9 V-engine 16X19 which is a little to light and a little to powerful. The season is also almost hear (3 weeks)!!! My level is about 4.0. Which of these rackets would you recommend for me to demo and why? Thanks!!!

1.Head liqudmetal prestige
2.Wilson rok
3.Volkl c10 pro
4.Volkl tour 10 v-engine
5.Wait until the flexpoint prestige comes out
6.Wait until the Wilson Nblade comes out
7.Wait until the Volkl dnx 9 comes out

You can also recommend me other rackets.

jamumafa
03-05-2006, 09:51 AM
If you want topspin , stay clear of the Rok , its like hitting the ball with a cricket bat

gonzalocatalino
03-05-2006, 10:15 AM
for spin, stay away from the prestiges and the roks.
i have both volkls and the vengine MP is my main racquet. The c10 pro is heavier, low powered and have a very little sweetspot compared with the vengine, also, play very comfortable and is a very nice stick for serving.

A. Tacker
03-05-2006, 10:30 AM
1.Head liqudmetal prestige - power level matches you, however not a known topspinner.
2.Wilson rok - may be too underpowered, small weetspot, not spin friendly.
3.Volkl c10 pro - power level matches you, nice sweetspot, excellent topspinner and all around.
4.Volkl tour 10 v-engine, may be too powerful (could string higher tension), not as spinny as C10 pro. some say it has somewhat unpredictable stringbed (hotspots).
5.Wait until the flexpoint prestige comes out - overpriced gimmickery, the dense pattern will not be as spin friendly as 16 main pattern.
6.Wait until the Wilson Nblade comes out - don't know, but sounds like junk.
7.Wait until the Volkl dnx 9 comes out - don't think the power, spin will change from your current stick much, feel probably will. Some people say it has a smallish sweetspot.

Marius_Hancu
03-05-2006, 11:22 AM
FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937