PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 300G

Thaimyshoe
03-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

Yesterday, while hitting with my Dunlop HM300G, I was playing with a person who hits sorta hard. I hit the shot he gave me harder and usually hit a winner using his power. I played for about 3 hours yesterday. I felt fine yesterday, but this morning i woke up, and my shoulder hurt, I had to cancel my lesson. Is the reason why my shoulder started to hurt was because the 300G did not provide enough weight for the transfer of hard rallies?

Thanks

louis netman
03-05-2006, 09:29 PM
The 300g flex of 64 is borderline arm-friendly and the raquet has good dampening qualities. However its light-weightedness diminishes these postive attributes. It requires a significant amount of lead to be a tried and true, arm-friendly stick. If you add weight and aren't accustomed to heavier swingweights, you may further injure your shoulder. Always increase SW incrementally and allow your body to adjust...

bertrevert
03-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Amen to that. Don't go for too much lead too quickly - build up is over weeks and perhaps months.

Having said taht, and as an ex-owner of a 300g - they can really put your shoulder out because they are so light. If you swing hard you get a lot of spin and placement - but not so much penetration - yes you can really put your shoulder out. And in serving the 300g is poor because the throwing motion of the serve has no heft (from racquet) to slow it down - too much strain. I leaded up my 300g and later abandoned it in the too-hard-to-fix basket.

I've had big serving sessions and nothign hurt it like the 300g. It really is too light for "mens competitive play" - you know what I mean? IF you go for it with that racquet for too long it just feels like nothing's there.

MikeCrowChip
03-06-2006, 07:26 AM
I totally agree with the 300G being too light. Although it feels awsome statically and at the store, but once you start playing with it in competitive play, you'll find yourself swinging WAY to fast. the 300G could be an awesome racquet if it weight another 1/2 ounce heavier. okay okay, that's basically the 200G with a more open string pattern....

Going from Head Ti.Control to the 300G, I first thought it was an awsome racquet, but after, it was so light. I didn't know other people with the 300G also had shoulder issues too...makes me wonder.

I'm a competive player since junior days, and still take lessons, and didn't have shoulder problems until 6 months after my 300Gs. I thought it might be just age...but I'm not 30 yet! Forehands, backhands, and volleys are okay. Serving causes problems for me with that stick.

Once leaded up, like the others, serving felt a bit better. But then, one of them cracked. :( Took too long to customize...so I got a RDX 500 instead, not as heavy as the nSix-One, but I don't think I can handle the n6.1

Later.

loubapache
03-06-2006, 07:30 AM
the 300G could be an awesome racquet if it weight another 1/2 ounce heavier.
That would be the Maxply McEnroe, although a bit stiffer.

austro
03-06-2006, 08:55 AM
I have had no problems whatsoever with the 300G. Playing about 3-4 times a week. In fact, it was the first racquet that DIDN'T give me any problems!

louis netman
03-06-2006, 09:00 AM
I have a very sensitive arm and wrist. With added weight, the 300G became as arm-frienldy as any of the highly touted "arm-friendly" frames like Volkl, PK, etc.