PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Fischer Vacuum Pro Classic 90

DariusRaiden
03-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Has anyone here played with these racquets? I currently use a PS 6.0 85, which I like, but I was wondering if anyone knows how these two compare since I always like to experiment with different racquets. I know they are hard to find and probably impossible to demo, but I would still appreciate if anyone has any input. Thanks!

Darius

NoBadMojo
03-05-2006, 04:40 PM
The Fischer VacuumPro is a definite classic frame for a precision make your own power ball striker. I am speaking of the blue/purple one with the exposed layup. it is very far removed from how the ps85 plays. the ps85 plays raw and the VacPro is a far more refined feel.

Michael82
03-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Completely different feel. PS 6.0 85 is much heavier, more solid and stiffer. Pro Classic 90 has a typical "buttery" smooth feel. It's more maneuverable compared to PS 6.0 85. Both friendly on spin. I think the very elongated oval head shape gave me a rather strange feel on OHBH drive. Had no problems with PS 6.0 85 at all on back hand side.

Deuce
03-06-2006, 12:20 AM
The Vac Pro 90 is probably the most muted racquet I've ever hit with. Personally, I like that aspect of it.

Vibrates a lot when hit high in the hoop.

Its shape takes some getting used to. Because of the long, oval head, it feels almost like an extra-long racquetball racquet at first.

DariusRaiden
03-06-2006, 06:05 AM
Thanks for your feedback so far. I don't think I'll be buying one any time soon, but I've always wanted to try it out. Maybe if there were some way to find a cheap one, but it'll take a heck of a racquet to get me to give up my PS 6.0 85.