PDA

View Full Version : a Good racket for a 14 yr old???

Ezekiel
03-05-2006, 11:08 PM
title says most of it but no quite.......im a state player been playing tournaments for about 4 years now... ( forgot my ranking though)

im currently using the rdx 300, feels really solid for volleys so i need a racket which will give me the same response or ...maybe better :) though im mainly a baseliner.

I need something which will gif me more power for my serve this is because i have formally used the bab pure drive + which gave me killer serves though i changed back to my RDX because its stability was greater and it offered better control and ofcourse.... more armfriendly. But since then iv lost bout 10 km or maybe more on my serve which is a real bummer.

Im loosing quite a lot of spin, i have to use alot of headspeed in order to get the amount of spin i would like. I like lower density string patterns because iv only played with 16-19 string pattern for basically my whole tennis life. Though i wouldnt mind a change. I just need something that will lift my game. spin,power,control,stability, good pace (for counterpunching) something along those lines i guess.

any help is very much appreciated :D
cheers

Ezekiel
03-06-2006, 12:56 AM
o yea .... i dont really have a budget because i can get some brands for cheap :D

Ezekiel
03-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Do you think a 90 inch frame would be too small for juniors like me?
i was thinking of the nSix-One Tour 90

AngeloDS
03-06-2006, 10:45 PM
There is no good racquet for a 14 year old, there is a good racquet based on your game and your level of fitness. If you're rather weak in the forearms -- which you shouldn't be if you volley as you say you do. You should have no problems with a Wilson nCode nTour 90.

Though, I would say demo a few racquets until you find what you like.

I personally look at two things when I look for a racquet. Head shape and how the weight is distributed in the racquet. The rest doesn't matter too much to me such as headsize, swingweight and such.

->
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-NXG.html
A friend uses the midsize and it's an excellent racquet. Demo it and see if you like it.

La Bomba
03-06-2006, 10:48 PM
If you want a good racquet try the ncode 95 16x18.

Ezekiel
03-06-2006, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=AngeloDS]There is no good racquet for a 14 year old, there is a good racquet based on your game and your level of fitness. If you're rather weak in the forearms -- which you shouldn't be if you volley as you say you do. You should have no problems with a Wilson nCode nTour 90.

Though, I would say demo a few racquets until you find what you like.

I personally look at two things when I look for a racquet. Head shape and how the weight is distributed in the racquet. The rest doesn't matter too much to me such as headsize, swingweight and such.

->
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-NXG.html
A friend uses the midsize and it's an excellent racquet. Demo it and see if you like it.[/QUOTE

Wouldnt headsize affect your game? sweet spot etc?