PDA

View Full Version : tour 10 uesers

nagaul
03-06-2006, 06:19 AM
i've got another tour 10 generation 2 question. i've heard a lot a bit of experimentation is needed with stringing this racket, can i have some comments from people who use this racket as to what they use and what there experiences have been.
I'm normally stringing mine at about 58lbs with a 17g poly in the mains and 16g multi in the crosses. (nice in the summer but but a bit harsh with the cold winter weather) so i've decided to try it replacing the poly with 15l conquest ti and putting 16g sensation in the crosses. Really nice feel but the racket is playing like a trampoline, i did want a little more power but not that much. What is the best combo of string and tension for this racket??

Marius_Hancu
03-06-2006, 07:23 AM
make an Advanced Search

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/search.php
keywords: gen II
Forum: racquets
Search Titles Only

you'll find several interesting threads

Django
03-06-2006, 08:05 AM
I keep it much simpler; ever since I played the C-10, I've found that the flexible frames get more bite and feel on the ball w/ thinner-gauge multifilaments. On my Gen2 currently, I use 17-gauge NXT Tour strung typically @ 57 pounds, though lower tensions work well also. Trampoline? Never felt that on my Volkls -- except for the Catapult 10, but that had more to do w/ the "Catapult technology" than the string choice.

nagaul
03-06-2006, 08:30 AM
ok fair point, trampoline is maybe an exageration but certainly very lively. I'd love to string them up with a 17 guage multi filament but i'd be forever restringing them not to mention the cost of that oh so nice string.