PDA

View Full Version : ProStaff Classic 6.1: Opinions ?

ferrari_827
03-06-2006, 05:41 AM
This is the one Wilson player frame that I haven't playtested. It seems most people really like it. My only concern is the weight/swingweight since it is 12.6oz, but is actually 11 pts headlight, so maybe it's still maneuverable ?
The stiffness is on the high side, 72.

Anyway, just curious since this is also another "cult" player frame.

PS I once tried the HPS6.1 and found it tinny and harsh.

rocket
03-06-2006, 05:44 AM
This is the one Wilson player frame that I haven't playtested. It seems most people really like it. My only concern is the weight/swingweight since it is 12.6oz, but is actually 11 pts headlight, so maybe it's still maneuverable ?
The stiffness is on the high side, 72.

Anyway, just curious since this is also another "cult" player frame.

PS I once tried the HPS6.1 and found it tinny and harsh.

It's not as stiff as the index shows in my opinion. In fact, someone mentioned that its flex is around the low 60s when put on the machine...

It swings real easy. Pretty powerful too. Demo it! :cool:

OnyxZ28
03-06-2006, 05:58 AM
Definitely a solid hit. Not too arm friendly, though.

kreative
03-06-2006, 06:56 AM
Used to be my main stick. After a long layoff, it's become a little too heavy to swing for 3+ sets, so I switched to something lighter. The frame is quite stiff, so be cautious if you have a senstitive arm/elbow/shoulder. Gives good pop and plows through the ball.

bruce nissenbaum
03-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Excellent racquet for serve/volley. Using the racquet for almost 3 years; no arm/elbow/shoulder problems. I think this racquet plays very comfortably if you don't 'muscle up' and just let the 12.7 oz do the work. Some very basic weight training should ensure being able to play 3 sets with this stick.

Cruzer
03-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Its weight and stiffness combined to make it the second most uncomfortable racquet I have ever hit with. Having said that I see quite a few people using them from 3.0 players to teaching pros. Oh well, whatever works for you.

jasonbourne
03-12-2006, 08:40 AM
I've been playing an all-court sytle with the PS6.1 for 12yrs. I am able to defend effectively against heavy ball strikers and unload good pace on my first serves. Against pushers, provided I play consistently, they have difficulty defending when I am on the offense.
It is a comfortable racquet. My baseliner buddies who use this racquet continue to enjoy dictacting play with this racquet. None of us has had wrist-elbow-shoulder problems with this racquet.
I suspect technique has been the culprit for those who experienced arm-related issues with the PS6.1.
As Bruce mentioned above, allow the racquet to its job through your strokes and it becomes an easy racquet to play with.

nguyenthuc
03-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Nice racquet, good combo of feel, control, and power. Can be hard on the elbow due to high stiffness. A tad heavy, particularly in the handle. Arm fatigue after 2 sets. Definitely a classic player's racquet.

Pomeranian
03-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Solid racquet, good feel and stability. If you are used to heavier racquets, you'll enjoy this frame. But the frame is a bit stiff, not as high as 72 to me but definately to be concerned about.

10nisNe1?
03-12-2006, 12:36 PM
solid, provides spin (sometimes too much), swings like a regular player's racquet (meaning heavy), muted feel to me cause of the kevlar, has pop but not that powerful and is really overtaken in the power department compared to today's player's racquet. great in dubs and attacking style (s&v) though. this is of course the PS classic 6.1 regular length, right?

Johnny P
03-19-2006, 03:09 PM
been playing with them for 10 years, a potent weapon in the hands of someone who knows what to do with it. Definitly not a raquet for a beginner.