PDA

View Full Version : Prince TT Rebel: Arm Killer?

BDAZ
03-06-2006, 08:19 AM
I just picked one of these up, brand new, and I gotta say that my arm doesn't feel so good. A friend of mine demoed this a couple of summers ago from TW and I hit with it for a set or so. I expected it to be hollow and tinny feeling but was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was soft and sort of muted, not jarring at all. No pain in the elbow. I saw a good deal on them recently so I picked one up. Had it strung with good ol' PSGD 17 at 60 or 61 lbs, and have since found my original thoughts realized. Hollow, tinny, not nearly as soft feeling as the demo I tried two years ago. I'm not really sure what TW had the demo strung with, but I really need to mine to feel that way. Anyhow, is this racket known as an arm killer? What other strings would you recommend for this racket? I might try gut, as the Rebel has a dense pattern, and I hit fairly flat and don't break strings too often. In everyone's esteemed opinions and experiences, is the Rebel a hollow and tinny racket? I know many think it's a p.o.s., but I loved the feeling of that demo. What can I do?

AR15
03-06-2006, 08:41 AM
I have one for sale in the "for sale" thread. I'm selling it because it doesn't fit my swing - i need more power for my short swing.

Otherwise, I played quite a bit with it and never had any arm problems. A couple of buddies have used the same stick for years and haven't found enough reason for them to change.

JRW
03-06-2006, 09:16 AM
I recently picked a few Rebels up also. I initially started having wrist & elbow pain shortly after switching to it from my Wilson Pro Staffs, but quickly realized it was due to my string set-up. I switched to a slightly softer string (kevlar to poly) and dropped the tension by 4 lbs. which did wonders. I am now playing pain free and am really enjoying the racquets.

alb1
03-06-2006, 11:49 AM
I used the Rebel a couple of years ago. Found it to be a solid, arm friendly racket. Used Gosen JC Micro 16 at 53-55 lbs.