PDA

View Full Version : First day with Big Banger

perfmode
06-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Damn these strings really DON'T MOVE. I have a habit of adjusting my strings after every point but damn, they don't even have grooves in them. There is just a slight kink and they are smooth.

They play pretty well. I usually play with Syn gut @ 65 but these feel nice @ 60lb. My arms don't feel bad or anything. They have a really weird noise though. They really make a loud BANG noise when you hit. When I go for winners, it's like someone dropped a bomb on the court. I like them so far. How long before they lose playability usually?

I'm using Big Banger ALU-Power 16L by the way.

swedishstar
06-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Damn these strings really DON'T MOVE. I have a habit of adjusting my strings after every point but damn, they don't even have grooves in them. There is just a slight kink and they are smooth.

They play pretty well. I usually play with Syn gut @ 65 but these feel nice @ 60lb. My arms don't feel bad or anything. They have a really weird noise though. They really make a loud BANG noise when you hit. When I go for winners, it's like someone dropped a bomb on the court. I like them so far. How long before they lose playability usually?

Well, my new frames are strung up with Big Banger should be here tomorrow. I had a friend that is Sponsored by Wilson lend me one of his Surge X's with Big Banger in there. It was the perfect setup for me. I'm not sure on playability, but I hit for about 4+ hours a day for a week straight, and they felt solid to me. I love the sound they make. I can't wait to get out and hit tomorrow (thank God I overnighted them :D ) I strung mine at 61 btw.

I plan on experimenting next month with atleast one more new frame. Oh I love tennis and experiments. :twisted:

perfmode
06-16-2004, 06:19 PM
BB sounds amazing doesn't it? I was hitting w/ someone and he told me to calm down because I was smacking the ball so hard when it was really just the BB at work.

I can't wait to try BB in the Diablo's when I get em.

swedishstar
06-16-2004, 06:22 PM
BB sounds amazing doesn't it? I was hitting w/ someone and he told me to calm down because I was smacking the ball so hard when it was really just the BB at work.

I can't wait to try BB in the Diablo's when I get em.

Oh man, I know!!!

On a few returns, everything just went well...and my hitting partner was like, HOLY *****

They are very rewarding when setup right, and when you hit well.

It really does feel like someone is dropping a bomb. They provide plenty of control for me too

tennisnoob
06-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Glad to know that Luxilon is working well for you guys! You should try the Alu Power Rough which has slight more bite and sounds even louder than Alu Power!

TwistServe
06-16-2004, 07:40 PM
tennisnob.. im testing your configuration.. it sounds interesting.. but without the rough and less tension.. gonna see how it runs

ALU Power 16L on mains @57 and VS Team 17 on the crosses @ 61lbs.

tennisnoob
06-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Well if u're just using Alu Power, the tension should be able hold out longer than rough. Try btw the range of 54 - 57lbs, i started out with 54lbs when i first tried Alu rough abt a year ago but the tension simply dropped too quickly and I started to lose control on my groundies.

finchy
06-16-2004, 09:53 PM
gut in crosses is a waste of money IMO. but if you dont mind wasting money, then.....can i have some? :P

if its to soften up the ALU, just use an syngut instead of wasting perfectly good nat gut.

tennisnoob
06-16-2004, 11:23 PM
That's ok coz i get my VS Guts at a very very special price......

K!ck5w3rvE
06-16-2004, 11:33 PM

I used to fiddle with the strings to before I changed to Lux, you'll probably find that know you don't move the strings because they don't need it. I now pick out the bits of fluff instead...gotta do something.
[/quote]

finchy
06-17-2004, 08:08 AM
tennisnoob, how much do u pay for your gut? and where?

I WANT SOME!!!

a verrry large duck
06-17-2004, 09:22 AM
I got a meter of vs touch left over from my last stringjob, you want it finchy :) such a waste, if it was somehow possible to take all the left over gut from stringjobs and attach them together, you would have like thousands of yards of gut that could happily find its way into some racquets.

finchy
06-17-2004, 09:33 AM
plz dont tempt me... :P

btw, how much would a meter fill in a 100" surge? hahaha...

tennisnoob
06-17-2004, 09:49 PM
I dun think it wise for me to reveal my source coz it took me a while just to build up that relationship with this dealer friend of mine. Just FYI, i'm paying btw 23 - 27 bucks per pack of VS Team guts, depending on the fluctuation of the Euro dollar, still expensive for some but its the best deal i can get even compared to TW!