PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon TiMO vs. Ace

TennsDog
06-16-2004, 07:41 PM
I am looking at trying out a set of Luxilon strings. I am afraid I will really like them - afraid because I cannot really afford to use them. I have played with Ballistic Polymono 17 for over 10 hours and they still have plenty of life left in 'em, not sure I will be able to break them any time soon. What kind of durability (tension maintenance, playability, breaking) can I expect? But, my main thing, I hear they have good durability so I want to try an 18g string and TiMO and Ace are the only two Luxilons that come in 18g. Any feedback on one, the other, or both is appreciated.

Keroppi
06-22-2004, 11:28 AM
TennsDog
i tried both and currently using ACE, Timo is a very good string but feels too stiff. Ace is softer but less control and more power, almost like regular synt. guts. Downside: lasts 5 hours in my tour 95(16x19) and im just about to change to ALU power.

PHSTennis
06-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Im going back to synthetic gut, that ballistic... will last you forever! It wont break anytime soon... I dont think I can break it and I break synthetics in 5 hours... The TiMO died in my racquet, when I cut it off in 3 weeks it just sat there and disconnect, like an untensioned string... -_- It was only string at 56 lbs... I guess it lost tension, I like synthetic better, still have pack of ALU, those are great! Well I have Sheep Micro 17g at 65 lbs now since on Monday I got mad cause my strings felt dead! It's much better now :)