PDA

View Full Version : Prince CTS Precision 90

156MPHserve
03-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Can anybody tell me any information about this racquet?

I was using an oversize Head and after using this racquet, it inspired me to go with a smaller heavier and more headlight racquet.

I bought a N.61 95 but today I took back out the Prince CTS Precision 90 just for kicks and it felt better. I love that oldschool feel (which is weird consdering I started with an oversize). I'm considering to get a Head PC600 Mid when TW has them because it would replicate this racquet quite closely.

Please help.

fbone
03-07-2006, 08:16 AM
I have 3 of them...I used this racket for the past 15 years before I got back into tennis more heavily. (See my profile for what I currently use.)

I love the feel, it's not headlight though...it has a tappered beam plus a huge bumper guard which adds to the head weight. I never got a chance to weigh them, but they're pretty close to 12 oz and or the swingweight is quite high due to the headheavy feel. The 90 head compares to current 95 models due to the noticable Prince head width (round). In other words, the head is shorter but just as wide as other brands 95's.

I haven't hit w/them for a while, but each time I do, the feel is great, you can create lots of spin, solid S&V and great from the baseline.

Since I decided to start playing more regularly, I just decided since I have the means, to buy new rackets (check out new technologies). But, in no way, because I did not like these sticks.

I'd be willing to part with them if you are interested in adding to your collection?

!Tym
03-08-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm interested.

Ronaldo
03-08-2006, 07:22 PM
How does the CTS Precision compare to the CTS Response 660 or Graduate 90? Seems like old Prince racquets are back on these threads like its 1999.

VGP
03-08-2006, 09:27 PM
more like 1990

fbone
03-09-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm interested.

check your AOL email

!Tym
03-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Hi, try e-mailing me again as the AOL e-mail underneath my username is incorrect and I can't correct it. I entered my Yahoo address instead so it should work this time.

Thanks.

156MPHserve
03-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I like your taste of racquets to replace the Prince with. May I ask for comparisons?

fbone
03-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Hi, try e-mailing me again as the AOL e-mail underneath my username is incorrect and I can't correct it. I entered my Yahoo address instead so it should work this time.

Thanks.

"Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user"

You need to change your email preference...I can not see any yahoo email? Can you email me again, this time with the yahoo email?

fbone
03-09-2006, 10:09 PM
I like your taste of racquets to replace the Prince with. May I ask for comparisons?

The racket most like the CTS Precision of my current three is the M-fil 200. The flex is similar, a bit stiffer, but overall hits pretty close to the same. Solid feel, great serving stick, and smooth groundstrokes. You have to have solid consistent strokes due to the string pattern though, 18x20 compared to the 14x18 of the Prince. Creating spin is a lot easier w/the CTS.

I currently play more w/my Prostaff 6.1 Classics. I love the heavy feel, yet headlight playability. I'm able to whip through on my groundstrokes a lot easier than the M-fil 200. The ball powers off the string bed, heavy spin is easy to create, great power on the S&V. The more I play w/this racket, the more I love it.

The X1 is pretty close to the PS 6.1 Classic, only lighter. The only difference I notice is this racket does not grab and rocket the ball the way the 6.1 does. You have to work a little harder for the same result. None the less, a great racket. The 6.1 and the X1 are a lot stiffer than the M-fil 200, but I enjoy the feel of them all. I like to play them all on the same day, a set a piece. I can pretty much adjust my game accordingly per stick but it's not hard to do when you enjoy using all three.