PDA

View Full Version : racquets with short throat?

framebreaker
03-06-2006, 08:13 PM
hi, can anyone recommend a flexible frame with a short throat (or longer head?)
guess the frame must be water-drop shaped or square shaped or?

zorg
03-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Me gots a question. Why are all the rackets out today short throated? What happened to that PS 6.0 85 throat that is like 2 inches. I like a racket with a longer throat, but all current rackets have a short throat. (er....throat is the part above the grive before the racket goes into the V shape right?)

nViATi
03-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Me gots a question. Why are all the rackets out today short throated? What happened to that PS 6.0 85 throat that is like 2 inches. I like a racket with a longer throat, but all current rackets have a short throat. (er....throat is the part above the grive before the racket goes into the V shape right?)
If you want that, buy a midsized racquet. Smaller head sized racquets have a bigger throat / handle to compensate so that they are 27 inches.

zorg
03-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Eh, PS Tour 90 and nCode 90 come into mind...Look at their throats...

framebreaker
03-06-2006, 10:29 PM
......excuse me.....back to me...
:rolleyes:
no recomendations for long throats. we need short throats!
unfortunately, most of the racquets that have the throat lenght that i like are mid plus or over size
is there a web site that would include throat lenght to the data ?

nViATi
03-07-2006, 06:14 AM
......excuse me.....back to me...
:rolleyes:
no recomendations for long throats. we need short throats!
unfortunately, most of the racquets that have the throat lenght that i like are mid plus or over size
is there a web site that would include throat lenght to the data ?
Just look at the photos of the racquets.

Keifers
03-07-2006, 09:12 AM
(Sorry, wrong thread.)

BDAZ
03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
actually, i think the part right above the grip is called the "neck" (not kidding). the throat refers to the "v" that connects that part to the head.

framebreaker
03-07-2006, 07:04 PM
picture is a good idea but it's difficult to find large pictures of racquets on the internet.