PDA

View Full Version : Fishing for fischer

Aeropro joe
03-06-2006, 10:03 PM
hey guys did a search but didnt get any answers so maybe someone can help me here. i went to my pro shop and found the fischer pro tour ft for 99.99 dollars and the m speed pro number 1 for 119.99 and wanted to demo them since they were so cheap and i always wanted to try them. but would you say that these frames are more suited to baselince bashing or serve and volley, or all court? i could only demo the pro tour ft since the m speed was out and i probably wont have a chance to get much hitting in the pro tour ft since it is raining cats and dogs here and i have a match tomorrow and thursday and do not want to play a match with a demo since it might throw me off and then i have to return the demo friday so any input would be very helpful thanks.

DSL
03-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Aeropro Joe,
I own 2 of each the mspeed 98's and pro tour ft 98's (the red/black/white ones). I really like both of them but they are quite different. The Pro Tour FT has a lot more power than the MSpeed, but it still has good control. The Mspeed feels lower powered but also offers better spin potential. I like the M SPeed on groundstrokes more than the pro tour FT, but prefer the pro tour FT on volleys and serves. I've weighted mine with lead tape at 3 & 9 oclock similarly. I'm still tweaking the tension on my m speeds and believe once I find the right tension that this is the ideal racquet for me. The main reason I switched was to get more spin.

iscottius
03-08-2006, 09:34 AM
the m speed strung with gut at 59 and your all set. M speed is awesome

safin_protege
03-08-2006, 03:37 PM
I didn't like the MSpeed, but the Fischer Pro Tour FT is a solid all-court racquet. A very unique feel, but definitely a quality racquet.

Defcon
03-09-2006, 05:28 PM
I play with the Pro tour FT (red/black cosmetics. Don't know if the current version just has different colors or is plays different).

Its a solid all court stick, has a nice soft feel. Not the biggest sweet spot, but it plays lighter than its weight, which gives you the advantages of a players racquet without making you tired. Fischers are also known to be easy on the arm.

javier sergio
05-11-2006, 05:24 AM
Aeropro Joe, where can I buy the Fischers at that price ?
javiersergio@bellsouth.net
thanks !!!!

jaykay
05-11-2006, 05:52 AM
Aeropro Joe, where can I buy the Fischers at that price ?
javiersergio@bellsouth.net
thanks !!!!

x2.

<kartik.jay@gmail.com>