PDA

View Full Version : Which gripsize?

djones
03-07-2006, 02:14 AM
I've been playing with gripsize L4 on my Head Classic mid for some time now.
But because the grip was to big I only used 2 overgrips, instead of the original leather grip.
Now I'm going to buy a new one, but I would like to use the leather grip + an overgrip, so which size would be the closest to L4 (with 2 overgrips)?
Would that be L2 or L3?

andirez
03-07-2006, 02:24 AM
I would say L3.

With the overgrip, it will give you something in between L3 and L4, so similar to what you are using now.

Two grip sizes down is just too much.

djones
03-07-2006, 02:53 AM
I would say L3.

With the overgrip, it will give you something in between L3 and L4, so similar to what you are using now.

Two grip sizes down is just too much.

You're sure?, right now the 2 overgrips are just the right size on my L4, but I'm getting too many blisters.
I'm affraid that L3 plus overgrip might be a little bigger than what I have now.

AndyP
03-07-2006, 04:17 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/Gripsize/Gripsize.html

andirez
03-08-2006, 02:45 AM
You're sure?, right now the 2 overgrips are just the right size on my L4, but I'm getting too many blisters.
I'm affraid that L3 plus overgrip might be a little bigger than what I have now.

Well what I do if I buy a racquet of a brand that I haven't tried before, I go to a shop and see that I can try out some of the different grip sizes to see what fits my hand best.

The thing is, you never can be sure unless you try it. Overgrips do have different thickness, as do base grips so this is also a factor to keep into account.

Loud
03-08-2006, 03:47 AM

If you are getting blisters with your L4 grip, then perhaps it may "feel" like the right size for you but may be a bit small if your blistering is due to a grip size that's too small (high grip pressure + racquet twisting).

You already have the devil you know. Why don't you try the L3 with the leather grip + overgrip and if you still prefer your original setup, either trade with one of the folks here or buy a grip pallette and change it. The only risk is the ten bucks you spend on a new pallette and butt cap since everything else is reuseable.

Virgilio
03-08-2006, 08:46 AM
I would say L3 either. What brand is the racquet? Head racquets for instance can have the grip size replaced by a professional store in a few minutes if you don't like your actual size.

VictorS.
04-20-2006, 10:15 PM
I would say L3 either. What brand is the racquet? Head racquets for instance can have the grip size replaced by a professional store in a few minutes if you don't like your actual size.

Do you mean the actual grip pallet is modified or just replaced totally?