PDA

View Full Version : Nylon Tubing

wahiawaboi668
02-29-2004, 09:14 PM
How do you suppose to put the tubing on the racquet when stringing?
thx in advance

Deuce
03-03-2004, 10:36 PM
This is one of the great engineering problems of the last 50 years - second only to getting the 'caramilk' inside the Caramilk bar...

Steve Huff
03-08-2004, 04:05 AM
The grommet holes on many rackets are too small to accept tubing. You need to use an awl to enlarge the hole. You can do it while the frame is mounted on your machine. Occassionally, I'll come across a split grommet that I missed on the initial inspection. You can also buy a grinding awl to get the grommet entirely out.

Loco4Tennis
12-30-2007, 03:35 AM
i was wondering if someone has tried this with success
i am thinking about getting the nylon tubing from this site but their are no reviews on how the process is, and/or whether the tubing stays in place

Deuce
12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
i was wondering if someone has tried this with success
i am thinking about getting the nylon tubing from this site but their are no reviews on how the process is, and/or whether the tubing stays in place
Once the racquet is strung, the tubing won't move as long as it is bent.
That's why the best way to 'install' tubing is to cut it long enough that it sits in two holes, in a 'U'.

Making sure that the tubing doesn't move while you're pulling the tension is the key. This may take a little practice, but it's not exactly rocket science.
Tubing is a very practical thing for stringers to have.

dancraig
12-30-2007, 09:40 PM
It's very useful. I think it is considered a temporary fix, but many people leave them in indefinitely.