PDA

View Full Version : Goldstein vs Agassi.

coolblue123
03-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Anyone care to comment on this match?

Just can't believe they suspended the match becuz Agassi said so....

djones
03-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm happy to see Agassi win.
He lost the 2nd set, was down a break in the third, but somehow he found his rhythm back, to win 6 games in a row and taking the third set 6-2.

quest01
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I thought it was a good match, dramatic at times. I watched the match on the tennis channel. ESPN2 will air the Pacific Life open at 2am eastern time. I liked when Agassi threw his racquet to the ground and it shattered. The fans like to see emotion and drama in a match. I think it was a good idea that they suspended the match so Agassi could change his momentum. Its the stars that run the court not the ref.

coolblue123
03-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I just thought the way that Agassi handled himself wasn't very "sportsmanlike." Moreover, just can't believe how Goldstein and the ref's let him bulldoze the match like that... Unbelievable....

TLM_01
03-12-2006, 07:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/Snoopy1291/57064300.jpg
Waste of a perfectly good racquet....

superman1
03-12-2006, 07:30 PM
I only saw parts of it. Seems like Agassi fell asleep in the second set. The good sign for Agassi is that after he woke up, he was playing very well. Dumped a lot of shots in the net, but also hit some fantastic shots and volleyed well. Mainly I was happy to see that he looked very fit and was moving well. 50 unforced errors though...he'll need to cut that number in half to beat Haas.

ATXtennisaddict
03-12-2006, 10:43 PM
I really am starting to suspect whether Agassi can keep up physically.

hyperwarrior
03-13-2006, 12:15 AM
I really am starting to suspect whether Agassi can keep up physically.
Don't worry, I'm sure he can...

Mugatu
03-13-2006, 02:05 AM
hahaha that racqueted got owned!! surprised it didn't break at the "holes" tho ;)

BreakPoint
03-13-2006, 03:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/Snoopy1291/57064300.jpg
Waste of a perfectly good racquet....

Gee, I wonder how he got a broken racquet to stand on its side like that? ;) Pretty amazing pic.

BTW, I thought Agassi behaved like a spoiled brat in that match. As if he was a famous, accomplished, overpaid, pampered multi-millionaire pro that didn't give a crap what others thought and always gets his way. Oh yeah, I forgot, he is!! ;) LOL

Galactus
03-13-2006, 04:13 AM
I'm happy to see Agassi win.
He lost the 2nd set, was down a break in the third, but somehow he found his rhythm back, to win 6 games in a row and taking the third set 6-2.
Yeah, he found his rhythm after resorting to sheer gamesmanship: forcing the umpire and ref. to call a hold to the match got him fired up and threw Goldstein off.

If Goldstein had've complained that it was 'spotting with rain here and there', would the same thing have happened?

No.

Agassi: prima-donna, fraud and Sampras' b!tch :mrgreen:

coolblue123
03-13-2006, 05:09 AM
Sounds like we got some mixed msgs on Agassi's behavior in this thread. Wish there's a way to do some kind of polling like....

A. Agassi's behavior is acceptable
B. Agassi's behavior was very brattish and unsportsmanlike
C. Who cares? We just want to know how to get the racquet to stand like that after he bashed it after his brattish and unsportsmanlike conduct...

Ripper
03-13-2006, 05:50 AM
Gee, I wonder how he got a broken racquet to stand on its side like that?

Wao, yes. What are the chances of it ending up in the right balance like that? Regarding Agassi's naughty behaviour, I guess, due to his age and experience, he has learned his share of tricks to shift things around. Plus, I think he knows very well where and to whom he can pull out that kind of stunts.

birdog28
03-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Earlier I made a comment about this match. I viewed it from a box seat. IMHO the court was not significantly compromised by the precipitation. Pavement was playable and most people felt as though it were gamesmenship. Sad. Many were cheering and supporting Paul Goldstien after Agassi, was penalized for "audible obscenity".

Go Paul and Go Goldy, were heard throughout. I overheard two security personelle referring to Andre as "A Gassy". And Primindonna.

One little man near me gave up his Agassi fanship when he heard him cuss and break his racquet. Can't imagine that "HEAD" is happy with the whole thing right now. And yet this is the one match we are discussing isn't it?

A pitty, about the tantrum.