PDA

View Full Version : Nadal v Federer in doubles

nocab
03-13-2006, 12:03 PM
both nadal and federer are playing doubles and if they win there first matches they will play each other, what are the chances espn2 or the tennis channel will show this?

iwant2win
03-13-2006, 05:40 PM
almost no.

sw00sh
03-13-2006, 10:32 PM
Why are the top pros playing doubles in this event? Surprising stuff.
Any one?

VamosRafa
03-13-2006, 10:42 PM
You couldn't even get close to getting a seat for those matches out on Stadium 2. Even I had to pull what few strings I had to get a seat out there, and even that took a few tries. Thanks to Matt for getting me in there.

It was the hottest ticket in town, bar none, to watch the two doubles matches back to back. Undoubtedly, if Fed/Allegro had won that match, it would be scheduled on stadium.

Do you think this is part of trying to revitalize doubles? If so, it's going to work out well.

Both matches were great. I cannot wait to see Rafa/Mikhail vs. Richard/Sebastian. That will be great, too, but not quite the media event it would have been against Roger.

But I've now seen Roger/Yves play live three times now, and each time they have lost.

spaceman_spiff
03-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Am I the only one dreaming about Federer and Henman playing doubles together at Wimbledon? I think that might possibly draw a few fans to that court.

sw00sh
03-14-2006, 12:56 AM
whoa! Fed/Henman will be the ultimate man! haha...it would be the best bet for a brit to win a wimbledon title finally! haha

spaceman_spiff
03-14-2006, 08:02 AM
Just think of the huge crowds that would watch them at Wimbledon. The only pair I think could outdo that would be if Boris Becker made a comeback playing mixed doubles with Steffi Graf.

Ronaldo
03-14-2006, 08:31 AM
Sampras/Fedex at Wimby, that'll do

Tchocky
03-14-2006, 08:46 AM
Am I the only one dreaming about Federer and Henman playing doubles together at Wimbledon? I think that might possibly draw a few fans to that court.

That's the only way Tim would win a Wimbledon title and get the British press off his back.

Turning Pro
03-14-2006, 09:52 AM
^I think that 11-12 years of failure is enough to warrant that VOID.

joe sch
03-14-2006, 01:16 PM
I watched the Gasquet/Grosjean v Allegre/Federer match.
The match was close and it was very odd because Roger was the only player playing back when his partner was receiving serve. This was really strange and obviously did not give Allegre alot of trust in his return of serves. I got the impression that Roger really did not want to be out there and was not that confident playing doubles. The French team is a very good combination and Im really surprised the score was soo close. Federer was sure not king of the court playing doubles, infact he looked out of place and not enjoying being in that situation especially since the French guys are such good doubles players. I bet Roger would have liked to see some higher trajectories in dubs, like playing against Nadal :)

FREDDY
03-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Gasquet owns.

VamosRafa
03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
I watched the Gasquet/Grosjean v Allegre/Federer match.
The match was close and it was very odd because Roger was the only player playing back when his partner was receiving serve. This was really strange and obviously did not give Allegre alot of trust in his return of serves. I got the impression that Roger really did not want to be out there and was not that confident playing doubles. The French team is a very good combination and Im really surprised the score was soo close. Federer was sure not king of the court playing doubles, infact he looked out of place and not enjoying being in that situation especially since the French guys are such good doubles players. I bet Roger would have liked to see some higher trajectories in dubs, like playing against Nadal :)

I agree. I think fans were so excited about the match because they thought they would see the typical Federer magic out there, and except for a few points, it just wasn't there. He just isn't that comfortable playing doubles.

borisboris
03-15-2006, 06:34 AM
How about Nadal's over the shoulder no look smash winner down the T!!!! That was the shot of the day-maybe the tourney. I sat in my seat for over 5 hrs -watched Kiefer go down then Nadal then Fedex. Great stuff.

K!ck5w3rvE
03-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Vid??????????