PDA

View Full Version : Does intellifibers kills elbows and/or shoulders?

Watusi
03-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Does intellifibers kills elbow and/or shoulder?

altawolfe
03-01-2004, 04:17 AM
No! but light head heavy racquets destroy your arm. If you are playing with anything less than the Prestige or Radical, than you are increasing the vibration to your arm. Some of the lighter Intelligence frames are simply too light. Get a racquet that is head light and at the very, very, very least 11 ounces (more if possible).
The mass of a heavier frame will absorb the shock currently going to your arm.

LittleMAC
03-01-2004, 10:11 AM
The i. prestige mid is very soft on your arm... especially with a natural gut or soft multi.

Hawaii 5.0
03-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Yes they do and I can prove it.Look at the Ti Radical which is vitrually exactly the same as it's much harsher IRadical except no Intellifibers.How is the possible? The fibers stiffen in milliseconds and the RDC machine rates them in seconds(not sure, but less than a minute and much longer than anyone can keep the ball on the strings),making it imposible to actually feel the RDC rated # of the frame.Look at the IPrestige,it's a much heavier racquet and that compensates a bit, but name some more I or IX frames that are easy on the arm?

Flatspin
03-02-2004, 04:36 PM
I can only speak from my experience. The i Prestige mid is an extremely comfortable frame. More than likely because it has enough weight rather than the intellifibers. The i Prestige mid is probably one of the more comfortable frames on the joints in the mid-size category!

David Pavlich
03-02-2004, 06:53 PM
The intelliframes tend to be stiff. If you like Head and the intellistuff, use the heaviest frame that you can handle for a tough two hour match.

A 12 ounce racquet may feel great for a half hour of hitting but get into the late part of a 3 set match and that 12 ouncer may start feeling like a Danforth anchor.

Weight is great, but if you can't handle the weight, it does you little good.

David

Hey, Moe!
03-02-2004, 08:06 PM
I wasn't going to blame my Ix3 midplus for a sore arm all last summer. The soreness has gone away over the winter (playing once a week indoors), but, from the posts, I wonder what will happen when I can play my usual four times a week when I can get outdoors.

So, if the racquet happens to be the culprit, and I need to switch, I would be looking for a midplus 'tweener with a 16 mainstring pattern, and is head light.

What frames out there fall into that category?

Just hedging my bets in case the Ix3 is the source of last year's sore arm.

Thanks to everyone with a comment!