PDA

View Full Version : Stairway to...hell

K-kita
03-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Roger's stairway at Indian Wells:

.................Nalbandian
.............Ljubicic
.......Gasquet

Federer won't survive...to get the fourth step.

edberg505
03-15-2006, 01:09 AM

.............Ljubicic
.......Gasquet

Wow, writing down Nalbandian to get in the semis already? I think there's a big Russian standing in his way at the moment.

Mugatu
03-15-2006, 01:15 AM
i don't see the first 2 hurdles stopping federer. nalban or safin make it a tough trio tho. fed's gonna have to be on.. but he usually is

Ripper
03-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Well, he had it kind of easy as the AO. Some are easy, others aren't.

156MPHserve
03-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Honestly... if Federer can tough this one out, his mountain of respect from me will grow even taller. Honestly, I thought he was kind of shaky during AO and if he had to face some of the tougher guys who were in form like Ljubicic or Nalbandian... I have my doubts.

Let's see if he's really just not turning his game on, or if he's just been shaky. (might have something to do with age... once you past your prime... sometimes that half a step decrease in speed will affect your game in more ways than you can imagine)

freshman_phenom
03-15-2006, 04:15 PM
well nalbandian is outta the picture...here comes srichipan...its good to see old faces on fire recently...haas, blake, and now srichipan

LowProfile
03-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Federer can definetly go the distance in this tournament. At least to the finals, where he'll play Nadal. Not sure what half of the draw Safin is in, but he'll be the only other threat to Fed. Federer was playing very well today and if he can keep this level up, it'll be enough to beat anyone not named Rafael or Marat. For them, he'll probably have to step his game up even more.

Ronaldo
03-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Federer can definetly go the distance in this tournament. At least to the finals, where he'll play Nadal. Not sure what half of the draw Safin is in, but he'll be the only other threat to Fed. Federer was playing very well today and if he can keep this level up, it'll be enough to beat anyone not named Rafael or Marat. For them, he'll probably have to step his game up even more.
Do not count Bags out agin Nadal

Tchocky
03-16-2006, 10:17 AM

.............Ljubicic
.......Gasquet

Ljubicic is the only one Roger has to worry about now. Nalbandian didn't even show up and Gasquet was less than impressive. This year's road to the final is proving to be much more difficult than last year where Roger was just on cruise control. Just shows you how hard it is to 3peat.

gts072
03-16-2006, 02:31 PM
The Stairway to...hell has been demolished. Any questions?

MonkeyPox
03-16-2006, 02:42 PM
I think Federer is far more likely to reach the final than Nadal.

rilokiley
03-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Fed went up the stairway, couldn't find Nalby, so he came down. :\

slice bh compliment
03-16-2006, 07:08 PM
...haas, blake, and now srichipan

Yes. Nice trio. All one-handers with exciting games.
Guga? Are you out there?