PDA

View Full Version : Prince Precision Equipe

Mj
03-01-2004, 01:37 AM
I did a shootout over the weekend between 4 of my rackets which are Volkl C10 Pro, Yonex rd ti-50, POG mid and Prince Precison Equipe. I enjoyed the soft feel of the Volkl and Yonex but I played best with the Equipe. Something about the weight and stiffness combined with the sweet spot suspension gave it a unique feel and made it easier to hit winners and it was also great for a chip and charge type of a game. The only problem as I remember with this racket is that there are more shocks transmitted to the arm due to the stiffness and it can get a bit heavy after long hours of play.
Has anybody played with this racket and can recommend another model with similar playing characteristics but a little friendlier on the arm?

Steve Huff
03-01-2004, 11:08 AM
The PK 5g had almost identical specs as far as power, control and weight were concerned on the RacquetTech grid a few years back. My doubles partner at that time use the Equipe MP standard length and the 5g almost interchangably.

Ronaldo
03-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Wilson PSC 6.1 95 was the target for the Equipe. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/PE/PEReview.html

christo
03-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Slaz Pro Braided, a lighter more responsive version of the PSC 6.1. I played with the Equipe for a couple of years and it was tough to play 3 sets with, I can play all day with the Slaz

Mj
03-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I guess I have some more demoing to do.