PDA

View Full Version : Only 1 Men's Semi on TV? And not until 11:30PM?

Fidelica
03-18-2006, 07:06 AM
This is unbelievable. They cover matches from days 1 and 2 but not the semis?

LowProfile
03-18-2006, 09:42 AM
They're showing the men's semis at all? This is good news. I originally thought that they planned to skip it all together.

Federer vs. Srichapan would be a very interesting match, but my guess is that they'll show Blake vs. Nadal (also a very interesting match, but probably because Blake is American).

Tchocky
03-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Do we have any idea what semi they will show? I think the Blake/Nadal semi would be more interesting. I can't imagine Paradorn taking a set from Roger.

quest01
03-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Maybe ESPN doesnt want to show live Srichaphan matches because of his religious values. If you watch some of his matches, he meditates after the match. I think that may offend some people.

edberg505
03-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe ESPN doesnt want to show live Srichaphan matches because of his religious values. If you watch some of his matches, he meditates after the match. I think that may offend some people.

Only in America.

GOT STRING?
03-18-2006, 11:01 AM
This is unbelievable. They cover matches from days 1 and 2 but not the semis?
I can't believe that the only way to stay informed as to the men's semi final matches is by going to the tournament website. I can't believe that they show the women's semi matches and not the men's? Let me correct myself. According to Directv, they will show the "BEST" semi at 11:30 PM PST. CRAZY!!!!!!!

quest01
03-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I can't believe that the only way to stay informed as to the men's semi final matches is by going to the tournament website. I can't believe that they show the women's semi matches and not the men's? Let me correct myself. According to Directv, they will show the "BEST" semi at 11:30 PM PST. CRAZY!!!!!!!

They will be showing the mens semifinal match between Federer and Srichaphan at 2:00AM EST.

gully
03-18-2006, 11:11 AM
They will be showing the mens semifinal match between Federer and Srichaphan at 2:00AM EST.Source, please?

ESPN's website shows Blake-Nadal at 2:30 am est.

PS -- For anyone who gets ESPN Deportes, that schedule shows PLO from 3-7 am EST.

Fee
03-18-2006, 11:52 AM

Please tell me you're kidding.

Paradorn doesn't 'meditate' on court after his matches. He bows to all four corners, win or lose, to say thank you. And ESPN has shown many of his matches before, and they usually stick around to show him doing that (which they have done on his highlight clips already this week).

BreakPoint
03-18-2006, 12:02 PM
They will be showing the mens semifinal match between Federer and Srichaphan at 2:00AM EST.

Nope, it'll be Blake vs. Nadal. Don't forget that Blake is American and the other match, well, look in the "Match Results" forum............

BreakPoint
03-18-2006, 12:07 PM

What's wrong with meditating? He's just clearing and relaxing his mind after a stressful mental battle on court. Why is that offensive? :confused:

The General
03-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Womens final @ 5:30 Est here in states and Mens Semi is 7:35 Est tonight. 4:30 Est currently. Both on ESPN2.

edberg505
03-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Please tell me you're kidding.

Paradorn doesn't 'meditate' on court after his matches. He bows to all four corners, win or lose, to say thank you. And ESPN has shown many of his matches before, and they usually stick around to show him doing that (which they have done on his highlight clips already this week).

He did meditate after the Jarko match. And it was in the back court.

znoopie
03-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Also after his match with Nalbandian. Not sure about his first three matches, though.

JacktheDu
03-19-2006, 12:19 AM
What are you guys complaining about? At least you have one match. There's not even one showing of semi final matches here in vancouver canada. You what what we have instead? 3 hours of CURLING!! Seriously, who watches that damn sport anyway?? It's like watching a slower, longer, stupier version of bowling. Nothing can be worse :mad:

ssuHeartsRivald
03-19-2006, 12:23 AM

Why should ESPN worry he will meditate after the match. I believe he wouldn't mediatate if he had lost. And we know that almost impossible that Federer lost to Paradorn and yeah Federer won. So i think surely that's not a thing for ESPN.

thejerk
03-19-2006, 12:43 AM
ESPN, played Blake/Nadal match. I think it was the best match of the tournament. Well, actually, I think any match with Sharapova and Hingis in it is the best match is the best. I have a hard time watching them though because I'm crying by the end of it and can't see anyway.

Gotta say, ESPN'S choices of sporting events suck. I think the actual tennis coverage itself has been pretty awesome though. ESPN has shown alot more ground level live shots. I would be happy if they showed ground level during the entire match. I love the way you can see what the ball is doing in relation to the net. I think this is the best video crew I have ever seen cover a tennis tournament. It is like the dirctor actually plays tennis.

On a side note: ESPN's choice of programming sucks. Crazy baseball game, softball game, curling, drag racing.

tonysk83
03-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Yeah, who actually watches drag racing anyways, that stuff is so boring. I fell asleep during the womens final, looks like I didn't miss much.

jtreed2000
03-20-2006, 08:20 AM
It's all media and politics. I'm glad I get to see some tennis, but at the same time you have to wonder what's wrong with this picture. How many millions of fans and dollars are part of tennis or soccer, etc yet no one in the US (or elsewhere) provides sufficient coverage of it. Those are the two most popular sports in the world, yet we see a collegiate basketball double header or drag racing. Come on!! What's is up with that?!! I'm not really a soccer fan, but I believe it deserves more attention since it is a huge world sport.

It is sports censorship IMO. I get sick of the garbage on TV, for example rasslin' (wrestling, WWF, etc) which has better coverage than tennis. Football, basketball, baseball, and all other American dominant sports (I am American) are forced down our throats. There is so much more to see than 10 hours of ESPN highlights of how somebody makes one dunk or throws 20 passes to beat someone 50-3. And POKER? Since when is this a sport?

-Fed up