PDA

View Full Version : how much gut...

Tomek
06-19-2004, 10:19 AM
How much gut I need for mains in LM Prestige MP?
I had my racquet strung today with TiMo and I got back only 592cm. It's not even half (1220cm:2= 610cm). I'm afraid that it's not gonna be enough for another string job :roll: That would be very disappointing :!: My budget can't stand such things... :evil:
Oh, and if you could tell me something about this string: Toa Strings Super Toalson 77 BD (or 8D - hard to read) :idea:

thomas martinez
06-19-2004, 11:31 AM
For your racquet, you need at least about 6m for the mains, especially with a poly type string. You should have cut the coil in half before giving it to the stringer. Yes it would have been a bit tight in terms of left over for knots, but it is doable. You got a bit hosed here with this. They left off a bit too much for the mains.

PHSTennis
06-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Shoot those guys are such losers... I should have cut it also... Half a pack of TiMO should be plenty... I used it when I string it MYSELF... I had sport challet do it, I asked them to save the left overs... I got 1 piece of ALU short as heck... long enough to strangle the guy with it.. and 2 pieces of the syntronic brio... that I thought was a waste of money and dumb... I think those are left overs from

PHSTennis
06-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Shoot those guys are such losers... I should have cut it also... Half a pack of TiMO should be plenty... I used it when I string it MYSELF... I had sport challet do it, I asked them to save the left overs... I got 1 piece of ALU short as heck... long enough to strangle the guy with it.. and 2 pieces of the syntronic brio... that I thought was a waste of money and dumb... I think those are left overs from 2 one piece string jobs... and he kept the half of mine and used on his racquets... and the alu was like something he found in the trashcan... I was ****ed off... but I have a stringer now... its all good :)

Tomek
06-20-2004, 04:46 AM
Thanks for replies. Now, it probably doesn't matter because I played today with TiMo for the 1st time and didn't like it at all. Even I must say that it was horrible :idea: I'm going back for my Toalson for a buck. :)