PDA

View Full Version : Star Stringing Room Photos

abllee2198
03-18-2006, 01:48 PM
To Admin:

Thanks for the photos from the Star Stringing Room.

One correction: The Babolat Stringing machine is captioned wrong, it should be the Star 5 not 3. Could you give us the names of people in the rest of the room?

Thanks again,

a..lee

gregraven
03-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Albert,

These photos don't show all the team, but here are brief descriptions of the photos based on my visits:

1 -- Casey's corner (always the busiest, because he can string three racquets an hour for days.

2 -- Casey's Star 4

3 -- Mark (?, Dave calls him Univac) and George.

4 -- ? and Casey. I didn't introduce myself to ?, but he speaks with a bit of an accent.

5 -- Casey's area.

6 -- Casey's area.

7 -- Casey's area.

8 -- Casey's area.

9 -- A Star 5 belonging to one of the members of the stringing team. This is in the second of the two rooms for the stringing area -- the "quiet" room. Also in this room are two more Star 4s and the USRSA's Star 5, on loan because Dave and Casey are such great guys.

10 -- Dave in his customization area.

11 -- ?, ?, and Casey.

12 -- The stenciling area.

13 -- Prince racquet, probably undergoing customization.

14 -- Ditto.

15 -- Customization area, and a bit of Dave's pant leg.

16 -- The Babolat RDC, Dave, Casey's laptop (near the Ethernet port), and Dave's Star 4. For reference, the "check in" area is just to the left of this photo.

17 -- Customization area.

18 -- Wilson racquets.

19 -- Customized HEAD racquet.

20 -- Casey's area.

Ron Y. spent a fair among of time around the room, but he and Nate are working from another location. Alex B. was there, as was Doug. Chase O. helped out the first few days, too. Kate helped with player check-in. Although I didn't see him this year, I heard that Billy K. was working with some of his clients in another location, presumably using his Star 4.

Hope this helps.

Maco_Andrej
03-18-2006, 05:48 PM
http://lesportalafollie.m6blog.m6.fr/images/medium_marat_safin.jpg

Maco_Andrej
03-18-2006, 05:50 PM
http://file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Andrej%20Stojanovski/Desktop/Other/AB4MWB.JPG

abllee2198
03-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Thanks Greg for the detailed descriptions.

We often hear about the Legendary Star Stringing Team, but many of us have never seen or met them.

Good to finally match up faces and names!

regards,

Albert

@ce
03-19-2006, 07:08 AM
The current members names are David Mindell, Casey Maus, George Kyler, Mark Garrigan and Gabriel ?. David, Casey and George have been there from the beginning. Mark started stringing with the team about 5 years ago. Ian Mindell (Davids son) was also a stringer with the team for several years and now teaches full time at La Quinta. Chris Lundquist strung with the team for about 5 years as well.

gregraven
03-20-2006, 07:49 AM
It's off-topic, but it turns out that Billy K. had more than a couple of clients: He had nearly two dozen players, including James Blake, so Billy made it to the final. For those who follow such things, Ian is going to be working with Billy up at Tahoe this coming season, which should make for a great tennis venue. I can't wait for the snow to melt.

Also, Gabe's last name is Branisteanu.

abllee2198
03-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi Greg:

Thanks for all the clarifications.

One more question if you don't mind. How many machines onsite?

Albert

gregraven
03-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Let's see: There were four Star 4s in the main room; and two Star 5s, one Star 4 and one Star 3 in the second room. So, Star Stringing had eight machines total.

@ce
03-20-2006, 01:52 PM
It's off-topic, but it turns out that Billy K. had more than a couple of clients: He had nearly two dozen players, including James Blake, so Billy made it to the final. For those who follow such things, Ian is going to be working with Billy up at Tahoe this coming season, which should make for a great tennis venue. I can't wait for the snow to melt.

Also, Gabe's last name is Branisteanu.

Who, if anyone, was stringing with Billy? That surprises me that Ian will be working with Billy.

gregraven
03-20-2006, 09:06 PM
As far as I know, Billy was stringing by himself, which is why he looked as though he'd been hit by a truck. :-) He wasn't expecting to have that many players -- it sort of snowballed on him.

I don't know Ian, and I don't know about Ian's relationship or history with Billy. I only know that Billy indicated he was going to be working with Dave's son, and I assumed he was referring to Ian.

On another matter, the men's equipment log for the 2006 Pacific Life Open is available on RacquetTECH.com for USRSA members.

http://www.racquettech.com/members/prologs/plo2006m.html

equinox
03-21-2006, 12:55 AM
Greg, i can't view the link you provided.

panic
03-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Because it's for USRSA members only as he said

equinox
03-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Then why post a link which is useless for 99.5% of forum members.

@ce
03-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Greg, so did Agassi string through them? Also, do you have the stringing logs for the women?

Mr. Blond
03-21-2006, 01:13 PM
To Admin:

Thanks for the photos from the Star Stringing Room.

One correction: The Babolat Stringing machine is captioned wrong, it should be the Star 5 not 3. Could you give us the names of people in the rest of the room?

Thanks again,

a..lee

where are the photos?

gregraven
03-22-2006, 05:55 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/tw_gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15