PDA

View Full Version : Help on a very durable poly!!

Mark55
06-19-2004, 01:20 PM
I hit with a lot of topsin and very hard and I usually break strings every 4 or 5 sets. (with Touch Turbo and Alu power) I need something more durable, I love the feel of Alu but i just break it so quick and I dont want to switch to kevlar. I can afford anything below 15$.

PHSTennis
06-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Holy S*** ALU is durable stuff... My friend who is a string breaker has his ALU on for roughly over a month... When I used ALU hybrid my strings last longer also... I break synthetics every 10 hours but you... wow... What you need is I dont even know... my other friend (girl) she uses kevlar... none of the guys I know use it... ^_~ Shes #1 on the girls team... I never liked kevlar... she breaks kevlars pretty fast as well... sorry im no help, but ALU is the toughest thing I've ever seen in the poly line...

David Pavlich
06-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Try Babolat Ballistic Polymono 16. It'll make your racquet feel like a 2X4, but the string should hold up well.

David

PHSTennis
06-19-2004, 06:53 PM
I strung up a Babolat with that... they guy is not a string breaker... its been on it for about 3 months... ;) it does very feel like a 2x4... I dont know why he chosed it... cause it last long? He cant even break synthetic!

borisboris
06-19-2004, 08:35 PM
The good aspect of TTURBO is that it does break early and you don't have a dead stick after 6 sets. You can try the Super Smash Honey which lasts longer but becomes dead after the 6 set mark. I just tried the Competition 17 in my Equipe this weekend and won the Seattle City Championship 4.5. The Comp was incredible throughout my 4 matches. Of all the Kirschbuam strings it's now my favorite. I used SS for 3 yrs then the TT for the last yr and am sold on Comp as my tourney string. I have a 120 mph serve and a big baseline ground attack and the string held up and it could still go another 2-3 sets = don't see considerable notching yet. Best of all it's only $7.50. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ovyyus
06-19-2004, 08:59 PM
Hi Mark55,

I broke lots of strings, at least a set per week. I switched from a light 16 mains racquet to a heavier 18 mains racquet with almost miraculous results - break a set of strings about once per month now.

Jerry Seinfeld
06-20-2004, 06:04 AM
Mark55,

Am assuming you are already using 16 ga poly, correct? I haven;t yet tried it, but the new Unique poly got great playtests reviews and was the highest rated string by the USRSA in terms of durability that is not a kevlar. It is fairly inexpensive and may be worth a shot.

TennsDog
06-20-2004, 06:51 AM
I don't understand the comments about Polymono making the racket feel like 2x4... I have two rackets, one with all Polymono 17 and one with Polymono 17 mains and Razor Spin 16 crosses. It seems like the all poly job is actually a little more forgiving and powerful. I like the feel of poly, it isn't very stiff at all. Of course, this could be because when I played with syn. gut I strung it at 70 lbs. I guess it is just a case of personal preference.