PDA

View Full Version : Skin...

PHSTennis
06-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Hi, I'm fairly light skinned... although after this year of intensive tennis... high school matches, practices, and pro instuction... I've been outside for a long time and my skin is really dark, how can I lighten it? Is it pernament... so next year I ll be darker? What can I do to get lighter? Stay out of the sun? I'm working now, probably having pro instuctions for 2 days... Thanks.. My tan has no UV protection... I get sun burned a lot... but only skin peeling...

perfmode
06-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Start wearing sp45 and don't stop.

PHSTennis
06-19-2004, 08:32 PM
I do use spf 45 coppertone sometimes... that actually makes me darker... I want lighter skin... just a tad... not much... just a little... will staying out of the sun for a while work? thanks

perfmode
06-20-2004, 07:08 AM
don't use coppertone. that aids in tanning you want sunblock, not sun tan lotion.

Ronaldo
06-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Try Ambi, dude. And start covering more of your skin

PHSTennis
06-20-2004, 09:58 AM
Skin Discoloration Fade Cream that sounds like what I need, If I wear sun block everytime I go out it would stop my tan right? my normal skin color had just dramatically changed I can tell I hope this works and that you a lot Rolando! Perfmode, I dont use sun tan lotion I use coppertone sports sun block, thanks.

kevhen
06-21-2004, 06:45 AM
I used the Banana Boat greaseless odorless stuff when playing tennis. It's only like $6 and comes in spf 15 or 30. Put lots of it on and you will stay light-skinned. Your skin will lighten back up over the winter. Don't let your skin burn and peel! Wear a hat and/or better sunscreen.

AndyC
06-21-2004, 08:34 AM
don't use coppertone. that aids in tanning you want sunblock, not sun tan lotion.

that's just plain wrong.. coppertone with SPF 45 will protect u as long and as well as any other product with an SPF of 45. the degree u tan depends on the amount of UVA and UVB that hits your skin.. if u want to tan more in the sun then use a product with a lower SPF.

PHSTennis
06-21-2004, 11:29 AM
So, higher spf will protect me from tanning? I didnt know I just thought it would protect from sun burn, I play year round... Winter in Southern California is like summer in Iowa... ;) I think...

AndyC
06-22-2004, 02:40 PM
basically yes.. let's say the average person burns in 1 hour.. spf of 2 would mean the average person could stay out on average twice as long before they burn.. spf of 45 means u can stay out 45x as long before u burn.

u'll still tan with an spf of 45.. u just take that much longer to tan..

PHSTennis
06-22-2004, 06:15 PM
I wont be outside for 45 hours, I use SPF 48... Just sometimes though, cool, thanks guys I ll be sure to use tons of sun block when I go outside everytime now, by the way can I just use SPF 15? 15 hours is a lot.. I think SPF 15 is much cheaper too...

AndyC
06-22-2004, 11:55 PM
well that's a personal choice.. what u have to bear in mind is SPF 15 will protect your skin an everage of 15x longer before u start to burn. however u have to understand that any prolonged exposure to sun results in some damage to skin (regardless of whether u burn or not).

so the higher the spf factor u use the less damage u cause to your skin. (and btw tanning is a response of skin to being damaged from sunlight).

iradical18
06-23-2004, 09:27 AM
wats wrong with bein dark haha

PHSTennis
06-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Well 1) I have a tan lines... and 2) Have a girlfriend thats super light and your super dark... well im getting dark as it is... but it gets darker! I just want it to back down a little... probably get skin cancer when I grow up.. darnit

tennisandmotocross
06-23-2004, 03:14 PM
JUST DO LIKE MICHEAL JACKSON AND GET YOUR SKIN LIGHTENED. NO JUST KIDDING. JUST WEAR SUNBLOCK, A HAT, LONG-SLEEVES (IF YOU CAN), AND MINIMIZE YOUR EXPOSURE TO THE SUN. AND NOTHING IS WRONG WITH HAVING A TAN AS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT BURNT :oops: CONSTANTLY OR PUTTING YOURSELF AT RISK FOR SKIN CANCER.

PHSTennis
06-23-2004, 03:42 PM
Its not a normal tan... need to be a few shades lighter... my skill has burn areas and stuff... i want it to be the same color as my white feet haha ;) no, just a bit whiter... not much, just a little, I like having a tan... just not when its carried away, thanks for the inputs guys, anymore I would gladly appreciate it.