PDA

View Full Version : ashaway liberty good string? good enough for hybrid?

spress
06-20-2004, 02:13 PM
has anyone here use ashaway liberty? how does it compare to the other string u tried? it seems like a great deal at only 25 dollars maybe i could use it in a hybrid with poly mains

hofertennis
06-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Since I was an Ashaway Alliance member, I used Ashaway Kevlar mains and Liberty crosses. I used this combination on all my hybrids. The Liberty holds up real good and plays good. It does stretch out a lot during stringing so I increase the tension on the crosses by a few pounds.

spress
06-21-2004, 06:32 PM
hofer did u ever try pure liberty? normally i break prince syn gut in about a week so do u know hoe liberty compares i wouldnt mind if it was a little less durable because of how much cheeper it is any response is appreciated thanks

hofertennis
06-21-2004, 07:12 PM
Ashaway Liberty strings are not the most durable. They hold up well in a hybrid. They are a soft and stretches a lot but still nice playing string. The durability is not anywhere the same as Prince Syngut with DuraFlex. But since the cost is less it prpbably balances out. I use the 15L gauge for added durability, 16 ga. doesn't last long. If you string your own racquets then Liberty is a good investment since you don't have to pay for labor each time.

spress
06-21-2004, 07:22 PM
hofer how does ashaway compare to prince syn gut is it like half the time of prince in 15l or is it about 3/4? im wordering because i want a soft stringbed with good spin but not to much power im thinking i should try it alone first and if i dont like that ill put some ashaway monogut mains on there i want something resonably durable like about 4-5 day at least because otherwise i seem to have good days every once in a while where ill just be killing he ball and it not unheardof for me to goo through both of my rackets in one match that goes into 3 sets, ive got my own stringer but i want to keep cost resonably low well maintaining good playability in my string i cant stand kevlar