PDA

View Full Version : Best strings for Estusa PBB

miki
06-20-2004, 06:42 PM
What could be the best strings for PBB if I don't break strings, play
3-4 times/week, like high tension and hate when they move!
Definetely I don't want to pay for the guts but agree to pay for premium m/f strings.
Advise, please!

kninetik
06-20-2004, 06:59 PM
You'll probably get a whole variety of answers for this one. I use Gosen Micro Sheep 17 on mine. Its been my "holy grail" of strings. They're cheap, they're crisp, and they're playable! But they do move like most synthetics out there.... You might want to try Luxilon's line of ultra stiff strings for that....

tennisnoob
06-20-2004, 09:19 PM
What could be the best strings for PBB if I don't break strings, play
3-4 times/week, like high tension and hate when they move!
Definetely I don't want to pay for the guts but agree to pay for premium m/f strings.
Advise, please!

There's not going to be any difference if you string m/f strings, its going to move somewhat after a short while. In my opinion, m/f strings only lasts like 2 hours max for me and then the strings will be fraying like mad if not snapped already! Go for Lux, Kircshbaum or any other Poly strings, though you might want to start off at a lower tension, recommended 5 - 10% lower than your usual strig jobs. Or you might want to mix it up with what kninetik's using, Gosen Micro Sheep 17 mixed pretty well with Kirschbaum super smash honey, as i 've tried it 2 years ago.....

bcaz
06-20-2004, 10:01 PM
For the PBB, I heartily recommend natural gut 17g. Among the multis, LaserFibre Pro Stock 17g is best, but LF XRC Phenom is very good, less expensive, and meets your requirements. If the cost of gut is prohibitive, consider Bow brand, which is a great value, or do a hybrid with gut mains and syngut crosses. I''ve had excellent success with Bow nat gut 16L or 17g mains with Gosen OG Micro Super 17g crosses at a very reasonable cost. As good as Pro Stock is for a multi, it costs $20 a set, making gut or a gut hybrid a viable alternative. Above all, do not put a stiff poly in this frame. It's just wrong, like ketchup on Kobe beef or a great Napa cab in a jelly glass.

miki
06-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks, guys!
I'll try Luxilon BB Ace 18 - because I have it in my 'tennis' box.
After that I'll try Gosen 'Sheep'.