PDA

View Full Version : Gauze

Kirko
06-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Tried gauze wrap yesterday it has been yrs. I use a leather grip . I truly got big traction with it blows away over-wraps eg. tourna-grip wonder if anyone uses it anymore ?

PHSTennis
06-20-2004, 09:58 PM
I tried my pros racquets had gauze wrap on it... I liked it better than my overgrips... I dont think I ll change though... my hand is used to Wilson Pro...

barry
06-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Living in Florida where it is very hot and humid, the synthetic grips tend to shrink from a 4 grip when new to about 4 1/4 after couple of matches. Tourna grips last about set when the temperature is in the 90s and humidity is in the 90s.
I switched to a Fairway heavy oiled grip, and use the gauze tape over the top, works great and you can toss the wrist bands as the gauze tape drains the perspiration. Also as a side benefit it adds about 1/3 of an ounce. Also the Gauze tape is cheap 30 feet for $2.00 and you get about 18 matches out of a role.

PHSTennis
06-23-2004, 03:33 PM
What kind of guaze is that? medical guaze? thanks

barry
06-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Several vendors provide it. You can purchase it off Tennis Warehouse at http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-UGT.html

Also Gamma makes Gamma Gauze Tape you can purchase at Sports Authority. Stuff really works.

It is 1 1/4 inches wide 30' length

Kirko
06-26-2004, 05:56 PM
You hit the target Barry ! I use fairway also & have really glad I got re-introdused to gauze ; like I said the traction is amazing !

K!ck5w3rvE
06-27-2004, 12:17 AM
"Each pack contains a 1 inch x 30 feet reel of Grip Tape." How many regrips would you get out of each pack?

Kirko
06-27-2004, 05:42 AM
The gauze TW sells one inch I get 3 applications ; other companies that sell gauze offer it in 2 inch . get about five . I think gauze gets tackier as you use it . I use to use this stuff yrs. ago on ocassion . Like Barry said it is by far better than over wraps. You can change it while playing easily .

barry
06-27-2004, 07:24 AM
I usually wet down the Gauze tape or put some water on my hand before play, seems to start the traction better. Gauze tape is the only thing that works for me, and I do not get any blisters. The heat / humidity in Florida mid day is very intense you can lose 8 pounds of water during a 2-hour single match, but with the Guaze tape your racket never slips.
Fairways are the best grip ever; TW still has a few for $20 each. I bought some Prokennex, which are OK, but not as thick as the Fairways.
Also found the Green and Blue gauze tape is the best colors, sometimes the black gets a little oily, not sure why, but just my experience.