PDA

View Full Version : laser fibre's Sensory Tension Jaw system

mr. stevo
06-21-2004, 12:10 AM
Hi i was just wondering about you laserfibre users if the Sensory Tension Jaw system has really helped you? i am still trying to decide between the eco and tt model and the deciding factor comes down to the part of the Sensory Tension Jaw system. thanks for your opinions.

Matt Choi
06-21-2004, 09:16 PM
I talked to Tim Sullivan today and he told me that Sensory Tension Jaw system will reduce your string job by 5 minutes. This little mechanism cost $150 more than eco. He also said, that STJ is the ONLY difference between these two models. I naturally ordered the ECO.

mr. stevo
06-21-2004, 09:52 PM
i don't think it's the only difference the mounting systems are different where you mount the throat of the racket is different, i hate the laserfibre website because it took me along time to figure out that they display the ms200tt model in their pictures. but i think i will order the eco as well and swap the mounting posts.

waterpro
06-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Having strung on a couple different machines, I can say the sensor is a nice feature(i currently have the tt model with single action clamps). Do you need it, no. Is it worth $150, well that depends on how many times you string. If it is just for you, then probably not, but if you string for others or are a frequent breaker(ie 4 or more string jobs a month) you would probably want that feature. It is a pretty nice feature to have, but is not necessary to string a racket. I would say the 5 minute reference is not universal. If you haven't used a stringer before or are really new, it can shave alot of time. If you are really experienced, then ya, probably 5 minutes. When I first started stringing it took me over 2 hours to string my racket. Having this feature when I first started out would have definately shaved off some considerable time.

Like I said, it all depends on how experienced you are at stringing and the volume you are stringing.

mr. stevo
06-22-2004, 09:29 AM
thanks for the reply waterpro, but do you have to double pull alot?

Matt Choi
06-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Yes, I forgot to mention the mounting system. TT 5 pt and ECO 4 pt. I still don't think that justify paying $150 xtra, but that's just me.

mr. stevo
06-22-2004, 08:39 PM
thanks for the replies i'm going to take a hit and get the ms200TT, i talked to one of the salesmen at laserfibre, very friendly and patient might i add, and it seems like the ms200TT is the way to go. [/url]

bcaz
06-23-2004, 11:19 PM
stevo, you'll love it. When I bought my MS200TT late last year, the cost difference over the ECO was a bit narrower, I think. For me, it was beside the point, since the ECOs were really back-ordered at the time and I still had to wait about a month anyway. I've never strung on anything else, so I can't compare, but my MS200TT is a well-made beauty and very easy to use.

waterpro
06-24-2004, 06:35 AM
The first time I used the stringer, I had a couple double pulls, but as I have learned to pull the string taught as I put it into the sensor this has eliminated the need for a double pull. Hope that helps.

mr. stevo
06-24-2004, 07:55 PM
thanks for the tips guys, i just talked to tim 2 days ago and i just have to confirm with him that my information is right. in 2 weeks i'll be a laserfibre stringer! can't wait to get it in the mail :D