PDA

View Full Version : Other way to string ??

Kryztof
06-21-2004, 02:36 AM
Is there a risk to damage a racquet when starting to string the racquet at the right side of the main (first main) with a flying clamp i block string on the outside of the frame and i begin to string, i found it more easier to string like that...
But i'm asking if the frame can be deformed like that

Kryztof
06-21-2004, 11:27 PM
Can you explain why i will damage it?
Because in a circle form (the head of the raquect almost look like a circle form) the more fragile sides are in the center of the circle not on the sides...
If someone had ever try this methode of stringing (begin with the side of the raquect)...
I precise that i always strung it in two pieces.

Stinkdyr
06-22-2004, 07:30 AM
Purists will never yield on this point, but I agree that if you are burdened with fly-clamps, starting the string job from the side of the racquet as you do the mains has two advantages: 1. Easier to start given the fly-clamp limitations, 2. I would rather have a shaky-tensioned string at the side of the racq than at one of the center mains. It should be said, I never string a racq at over 65 lbs. I own a Prince TTW, use variety of strings. I also string friends racq's. Never had a complaint about a string job. My machine is an e-Stringer from Silent Partner with fly-clamps.

predrag
06-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Is there a risk to damage a racquet when starting to string the racquet at the right side of the main (first main) with a flying clamp i block string on the outside of the frame and i begin to string, i found it more easier to string like that...
But i'm asking if the frame can be deformed like that

You don't really risk the damage but your string job will not be consistent.
What I mean is, if you start, for instance from the left side of the racquet,
you will string left side at lower tension than your right side.
Reason? When you start stringing, racquet is not compressed.
When you are at the finishing side, racquet is comressed and the shape has changed.

This is the reason why, when you start stringing from the middle,you should not
finish one side and then go for the other side.
You should string a couple of strings on one side, then start alternating side,
stringing 3 or 4 strings each time.

Regards, Predrag

Gaines Hillix
06-22-2004, 10:24 AM
A racquet is not really close to being a circle. It is more of arch shape, in most cases. So, the strings need to be started in the middle and no more than a couple of strings should be installed on one side without alternating to the other side. On some frames(Yonex and Head in particular), frame distortion and damage can occur if this pattern is not followed and the warranty will be voided in any case.