View Full Version : measuring tension

03-01-2004, 10:20 AM
is there any device other than the string meter that measures the tension of the strings on a racquet?

rich s
03-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Babolat RDC

Gaines Hillix
03-01-2004, 12:06 PM

As Rich said, the Babolat RDC is used to do this, but it isn't measuring the actual tension on the strings. It's measuring the force it takes to deflect the strings in the middle of the string bed by about 1/2." Recently, when I strung a Prince Graphite Michael Chang OS at 60 lbs. with a nat gut/syn gut hybrid the RDC rating was over 70 right after the job was finished. The RDC can also be used to measure total racquet weight, swingweight and frame flex. Laserfibre also makes a device called an ERT700. It also measures the force required to deflect the string a preset distance to determine stringbed stiffness.

03-01-2004, 07:07 PM
do you guys have a website with info about it, it seems like it costs a ton of money. do you got any more info

Gaines Hillix
03-02-2004, 05:37 AM
You might try a search on google and also the Babolat website. The stringway website has some pix and descriptions on the ERT 700.