PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendation on making the Precision Response Ti more baseline friendly?

FD3S
03-25-2006, 06:04 PM
I love this racquet, but it seems that I have to think a little more then I should to hit good baseline shots. Is it possible to add weight anywhere to give it a little more stability for groundies?

monologuist
03-25-2006, 07:11 PM
that frame is very headlight and stiff...it is designed for serve and volley tennis...you could add lead to the head at 3 and 9 o'clock (start with 3 grans on each side)...but honestly, you're gonna take away from its strengths if you do that, unless you are a very physically strong person already...in short, you will get more solid groundstrokes if you do this, but less spin, less kick on your kickserves and less maneuverability at the net.

That frame is probably the best for kickserves and volleys of any racquet I've ever used though...

IF you're not averse to a bigger head and an extra .5", you might try the TT Warrior OS with lead added to it so that it swings heavier...it has some of the same characteristics of the Precision Response but is much better from the baseline...but you will miss the sweet feel of the P.R. when you nail those volleys!