PDA

View Full Version : switching for better feel

aceindahole2K5
03-25-2006, 07:36 PM
currently a 4.5 D3 college player using a wilson tour 95 with 10 grams of lead at 3 and 9 o'clock. looking for something more flexible with better feel. My natural stroke is to drive through the ball, and i feel like i only get the most out of my tour 95 when taking a steep angle at the ball. so far i have tried the FP Radical MP and the LM Prestige Mid. Used to play with the Wilson ROK and found it to be a touch demanding at times, however i thought the prestige was a touch more forgiving than the ROK despite almost identical specs. I liked the FP radical a lot, but would like a tad more weight. Am anxious to try both the new FP Prestige models. How do they compare to the radical MP? Anyone have good/bad experiences customizing the FP radical? Any other racquets in this same vein i should look into? thanks

LowProfile
03-25-2006, 07:58 PM
If you liked the Flexpoint Rad MP but want some more weight, how about trying out the Flexpoint Rad Tour?

aceindahole2K5
03-25-2006, 08:45 PM
thought about that, but the Rad Tour MP seems really quite different from the standard MP. the more open string pattern and the considerably lower flex both worry me a bit but, i will probably give it a demo. other thoughts?

calabi12
03-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Flexpoint Radical Tour does so many things right. One of the very best 12 oz sticks available today. Try it.

DURICA533
03-25-2006, 09:17 PM
I am a current ROK user and I am considering switching. I noticed that you used to use a ROK. I totally agree with you that the ROK can be demanding at times, almost to the point of me consdering a new racket.

When I am spot on, the racket feels incredible. But climbing up that hill every time is getting too tough.

Can I ask you what did you like about the ROK (what made you pick it up) and what finally made you switch?

aceindahole2K5
03-25-2006, 10:34 PM
with the rok i loved the soft feel and relatively easy access to spin, and the ability to take a full cut at the ball while maintaining a good level of control. i found it was a really nice all-court racquet with very few weaknesses. i felt like it was a tad flimsy on some shots that were off center and that in certain instances i didnt have the precision i wanted. i felt that especially with short balls and approach shots, my shot would lack depth and command. i switched to the tour 95, somewhat infatuated with the spin and pop that it offered compared to the ROK. the two are very different racquets, but if you are looking for something a tad more forgiving, try the FP Radical. really nice feeling frame.

snoflewis
03-25-2006, 11:03 PM
if you want something with a better feel...i'd suggest you move over to the classic frames rather than the newer technology frames. if you are interested, i have a PC600 in 4 3/8 grip in 9.0/10 condition for sale for $90 + shipping

snoflewis@yahoo.com