PDA

View Full Version : Does the MP version of RDX500 have the same buttery feel as MID?

Alafter
03-26-2006, 06:32 AM
Just curious, because I am thinking about buying a RDX500 MP. Cant get a demo. So anyone who has played either one or both, please gimme your feedback.

Alafter
03-26-2006, 05:09 PM
Is anybody out there....out there....out there....out there....

Kevo
03-26-2006, 06:26 PM
I have played both and they do hit quite similar. I think volleys are a bit nicer with the mid, and spin is a bit easier with the mp. Overall very similar though. Some say the MP does not serve near as well as the mid, but I didn't really notice much of a difference on serve other than the MP being a little more forgiving of the occasional bad toss.

JediMindTrick
03-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Both the MP and the mid have similar feel. I would say the MP is not exactly as soft as the mid but it's still pretty soft.

snoflewis
03-26-2006, 07:15 PM
i thought the MP felt pretty hollow

Alafter
03-26-2006, 08:14 PM
To define hollow, I'd say hitting with RDX300 was pretty hollow. It was strung with the yonex poly/multifilament combo prob at mid tension.
The racquet felt light, and hitting balls yeild almost 0 feeling...a dull impact that indicates the ball has touched against the racquet. Hollow.

Please tell me RDX500 MP is nothing like dat.

Kevo
03-27-2006, 05:10 AM
I thought the RDX 300 was a little bit more hollow feeling than the RDX but not a huge difference there. What makes the biggest difference in that regard is the string. I would not use a poly anywhere near mid tension. I tend to stick to around 50lbs. with polys on my RDX 500. In fact some of the lesser multis can make the frame feel somewhat hollow if you string them up too tight.

Alafter
03-27-2006, 08:10 AM
Ah, so that being the case, String up at lower tension can probably make my diablo mp quite as soft as rdx500mp?

Btw any experiece hitting both? I wanna know if the ease to spin is any different.

Also, anymore feedbacks will be much appreciated...

backcourt
03-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Ah, so that being the case, String up at lower tension can probably make my diablo mp quite as soft as rdx500mp?

Btw any experiece hitting both? I wanna know if the ease to spin is any different.

Also, anymore feedbacks will be much appreciated...

I have owned both racquets, and prefer the rdx 500 mp. It is a softer hit, with a bigger sweetspot IMO, and therefore more forgiving of those of us with shoulder problems. As far as spin goes, i would say they are about equal, and maybe this is one of those rare occassions where the Yonex is the less spinny of the two. I recall THe diablo wiht its 16 x 18 pattern being great for drop shots, the ball would just die, topspin I would say is about the same. I seem to recall getting a little more pop on serves with the Diablo. There are those on this board who dont like the isometric shape of Yonexes, but frankly I never could get used to the extremely round shape of the Diablo MP head. Power level is similar, but I preferred the feel of the rdx.

Kevo
03-27-2006, 09:49 AM

Possibly. A lot of the feel has to do with the strings. However, I have never hit with a diablo so I don't know about that particular frame. If you want to give it a shot with a soft string, you can try Powergy, FiberGel, Yonex 850, Sensation. Those are all softer strings that play well at around 60 lbs. or so.