PDA

View Full Version : Crossing ALU

Anonymous
06-21-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm looking for a string to cross with ALU power just to bring down the price and try to keep the feel. I was thinking Big banger original or Zolo, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

PHSTennis
06-21-2004, 07:27 PM
I use Stronic Brio in the crosses.. Today when I played it felt dead... I cant break polys ;) I break synthetics in a few hours though heh... The Syntronic is great but they were dead today, I ll put on some synthetic at high tensions today... blend cost about 10 bucks a job... I want to use 3 dollar strings again :-p

tarheelbornjohn
06-23-2004, 07:10 AM
I cross my ALU with ALU I find that to be the best combination. Sometimes I use a racquet with Gut crosses when I want a little added pop and it is one of those days where the biorhythms are just right. If I was going to try and drop the cost I would use one of the Goosen strings for the cross.

PHSTennis
06-23-2004, 07:15 AM
String all ALU is like stringing your racquet with a metal wire... What a pain... How does all ALU feel? never tried it... I switched to synthetic gut again 2 days ago but I still have 1 pack of ALU... ;)

bsandy
06-23-2004, 10:26 AM
If all you want to do is bring down the price . . .

Ashaway Monogut is almost ALU for 3.99

. . . Bud

drak
06-24-2004, 04:22 AM
Cheapo Gosen generic sold at TW by the reel costs less than a buck for crosses and works very well.