PDA

View Full Version : Prince Tour NXG Graphite Racquets

Ripper
03-27-2006, 07:55 AM
What's the deal with them? All 3 look good on paper. However, they don't seem to get any love. Why?

thinkhard
03-27-2006, 08:19 AM
I think they must have gotten a lot of slams from POG advocates because Prince was trying to replace them. I hit with the mid and it was great. Must be some kind of "taboo" violation

cozmo5050
03-27-2006, 12:02 PM
i use a prince nxg graphite OS. bought 3 of them.

love it.

although the specs say 9pts headlight on TW, i dont think that is accurate.

Say Chi Sin Lo
03-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah spec wise they're good. But once you hit with them, you'll realize they dont have anything going for them. They do everything with average satisfaction, nothing spectular. I bought a pair of MIDs and the more i used them, the more dissatisfied i was with them. A good racquet, but not a GREAT racquet. At least you wont see people scrambling all over the for-sale forums for them.

Rickson
03-27-2006, 02:39 PM
What's the deal with them? All 3 look good on paper. However, they don't seem to get any love. Why?
Good racquet for the price. I bought one for a buddy as a Christmas gift and he loves it. Good pop for a supposedly control oriented racquet.

cozmo5050
03-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah spec wise they're good. But once you hit with them, you'll realize they dont have anything going for them. They do everything with average satisfaction, nothing spectular. I bought a pair of MIDs and the more i used them, the more dissatisfied i was with them. A good racquet, but not a GREAT racquet. At least you wont see people scrambling all over the for-sale forums for them.

IMHO, i would have to disagree. Did you even give the midplus/OS versions a demo? This racquet gets alot of negative comments due to purists and people who are comparing it to their beloved Prince Original Graphite ("POG"). The mid is not as easy to hit, so...

Say Chi Sin Lo,
I mean no disrespect, but is your game level?
Current racquet u are playing with...?

Say Chi Sin Lo
03-27-2006, 07:46 PM
None taken :)

Just to let everyone know my racquet history...

Ti. Heat (less than a year) --> PRTi. (2-3years) --> Dunlop HM 200g (less than a year) --> I. Prestige Mid (4years +)--> Prince NXG Mid (less than 2months) --> PRTi.

I have personal reasons for not liking racquets

Ti. Heat - way too light, wanted something heavier and head light
PRTi - no reason why (exactly why i'm going back to it, because i didnt have a reason to not like it)
Dunlop HM 200g - it was a cool racquet for me, i only changed because i liked the I. Prestige Mid was much better
I. Prestige Mid - cracked one of the two that i have, and i found myself liking more flexible racquets
Prince NXG Mid - Had the flex that i wanted, didnt like the small sweetspot, and it just didnt have any feel to it.
PRTi - i love you man...

And am i good enough? I wouldnt consider to try out for a spot on my college's team as a walk on if i cant play at that level.

I like feel and touch, and the NXG didnt give me that. I never said it was a bad racquet. I demoed it, and i liked it enough to buy it. Only to realize it wasn't everything i had hoped for. I said it was a good racquet but it didnt have anything spectular going for it. PRTi is everything i wanted in a racquet, no idea why i gave them up all those years back.

Ronaldo
03-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Have a pr. of NXG mids and have an uncomfortable feel, so does the More Control, suspect that grommet-less system may contribute to it.