PDA

View Full Version : Head PC600 vs Flexpoint Prestige

Sticklacer
03-27-2006, 09:36 AM
Just giving my opinion here...

Tested a brand new Prestige Classic 600 against a brand new Flexpoint Prestige. Still love the PC600 way more. I'm one of those guys that absolutely loves the Classic 600 feel, weight, balance, etc. Everytime I try to switch to a similar frame that might be easier to find, I always come back to the PC 600. Also had a slightly used LM Prestige on court and it didnt even come close either.

4.5 baseliner. 17g VS gut/Big banger hybrid at 56/54

vkartikv
03-27-2006, 09:40 AM
What? You are rejecting Head's $200 racquet for something cheaper?!!!

jackson vile
03-27-2006, 02:22 PM
It's funny becasue I just can't get away from the LM feel, I just like it, even more than the classic. I feel really ashamed:oops:

Loud
03-28-2006, 02:38 AM
I am quite the opposite. Tried and adoptd the Classic Mid/PC/PC 600 etc. and picked up the iPrestige as well as the LM Prestige when they first came out. Needless to say, the i's and the LM's are long gone and I'm left with what I started with along with a few PT 280's.

tarheelbornjohn
03-28-2006, 05:11 AM
I played with the Tour Classic (Prestige 660) last night. I liked it a lot. I played with the 600 years ago and still pull it out from time to time. Love the feel but is more demanding. I have a new FXP Prestige MP and have played with the LM MP for a couple of years. However, every time but one for the FXP and after the first set last night with the 660, I have put them back in favor of the LM. I am just very comfortable with the LM MP and the 660 and the FXP MP seem to have a lower swing weight that I have not adjusted to with things get close. I have always liked the LM MP even after playing with the 600 for a long time in the past. My two LM are just long in the tooth (30+) string jobs. I wanted to try some new thing (or remake of old things) before I got more LM MP. I will wait until may to deside since I stick with my pics for two or three years.

qent4977
03-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Played recently with my old PC600 after leaving it in my closet for a year since i play now with the LM Mid and i can honestly say it feels a lot better than my LM Mid..i dont know why i stopped playing with it..probably because i wanted to try out new upgrades to the prestige line because i always thought the prestiges weigth starts to be a liability with endurance battles and i thought the newer models would be more light..but they still feel the same weight to me. Plus i think the PC600 has a more buttery feel but the paint job of the PC600 makes it feel smaller (headsize) than the LM Mid on your pheripheral vision...90 vs 93

pstour90
04-01-2006, 10:17 AM
yea the feel of the PC can't be beat, although i am going to the flexpoint mid for a little bit more pop and ease of play, without sacrificing much control...i feel like i don't have to hit the living daylights out of the ball to keep it deep like i did wiht the PC, which tired me out in long rallys...teh flexpoint still takes a big swing, but it's easier to use in long baseline rallies, imo

bee
04-01-2006, 10:59 AM
I have Classic Tours in mid and midplus. I prefer the LM Mid over both. The LM Mid has such a nice flex to it. It's most excellent for serving. If anyone wants to trade a LM Mid for a classic tour mid or midplus let me know. They're 1/4 grips, but I now play with 1/2's.

I think the LM Mid really responds well to gut strings.

jackson vile
04-01-2006, 12:21 PM
I have Classic Tours in mid and midplus. I prefer the LM Mid over both. The LM Mid has such a nice flex to it. It's most excellent for serving. If anyone wants to trade a LM Mid for a classic tour mid or midplus let me know. They're 1/4 grips, but I now play with 1/2's.

I think the LM Mid really responds well to gut strings.

What tension are you stringing at?

bee
04-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Generally string my LM Prestige Mid with Klip Legend natural gut at 56#. Very much prefer it with the string savers for a little more bite and stiffness but not losing the gut feel. It's all a compromise, of course.