PDA

View Full Version : difference between asian ncode and normal ncode

Squid
03-27-2006, 06:25 PM
i was wondering what the difference between the asian ncode and the normal n code was, people say that the asian one is lighter. i am wondering why there is a diffence since most people agree that most rackets today are produced in asia.

BreakPoint
03-27-2006, 06:44 PM
All nCodes are made in China. When we speak of the "Asian" nCode, we are NOT referring to where it's made but where it's SOLD. The lighter Asian nCodes are only sold in Asia, whereas, the regular nCodes are sold in the U.S., Europe, and other parts of the world.

anirut
03-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Being an Asian myself, IMO, Asians are not only physically smaller built than westerners, but also anatomically. The bones and muscles are different. That's probably why they design rackets to be 'more appealling' to Asian 'users'.

I use the term 'users' because pros (and well experienced players) may not care much for much lighter rackets (if there was no choice). As an example, the Volkl I play with has no Asian version, but I don't care. I can handle heavy rackets. (I'm not saying that those who prefer the Asian nCode are not strong players.)

Marketing-wise, Asians tend to be 'star-crazy' and tend to 'immitate' their stars. If the racket was designed and sold with the same spec, it may be too difficult for those people to play with and may abandon the brand for something easier.

Note that these are only my opinions. Facts need to be sought. But, as a marketing man, we come up with these assumptions first and have them verified.

Squid
03-27-2006, 07:20 PM
so if you buy any ncode, as long as its not from asia or 38AY, then you can be guaranteed that its the normal one like the one being sold from TW?

BreakPoint
03-27-2006, 08:03 PM
so if you buy any ncode, as long as its not from asia or 38AY, then you can be guaranteed that its the normal one like the one being sold from TW?

Yes, if you buy it in the U.S. or Europe from a retail store, it should be the regular version. You can also check the spec sticker on the inside of the throat of the racquet. The regular or U.S. version is listed as 12.0 oz., 12 pts. HL UNSTRUNG, whereas, the Asian version is listed as 11.3 oz., 9 pts, HL UNSTRUNG.

Wilson does not sell the Asian version in the U.S. (yet).

highsierra
03-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Yes, if you buy it in the U.S. or Europe from a retail store, it should be the regular version. You can also check the spec sticker on the inside of the throat of the racquet. The regular or U.S. version is listed as 12.0 oz., 12 pts. HL UNSTRUNG, whereas, the Asian version is listed as 11.3 oz., 9 pts, HL UNSTRUNG.

Wilson does not sell the Asian version in the U.S. (yet).

The US version is 11.7 oz unstrung, not 12 oz. Just look at the specs here on TW. You can easily find it on the Wilson site too.

BreakPoint
03-27-2006, 09:11 PM
The US version is 11.7 oz unstrung, not 12 oz. Just look at the specs here on TW. You can easily find it on the Wilson site too.

We are talking about the 90, NOT the 95.

I have the 90's, but do not own any 95's, so I've checked the spec stickers. Is there even a Asian version of the 95? I am only aware of the lighter nSix-One 95 Team.

Here's a pic of the spec sticker on the U.S. version. It clearly says: 340grams (12.0 oz)

http://homepage.mac.com/gregraven/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2005-12-19%2016.43.17%20-0800/Image-68A8CDA870F111DA.jpg

Squid
03-27-2006, 10:12 PM
awsome, i cant wait to try out my own... when i buy them. thanks guys