PDA

View Full Version : Tecnifibre T-Fight 335 ?

alfa164164
03-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Anyone heard anything about Tecnifibre coming out with a 335 gram standard length model?

uk_skippy
03-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi alfa

nope, not yet. Where'd you hear the rumblings?

I was only wondering the other day what the next gen of TF rqts would be like.

I'll drop my TF distributor a line and see what they say.

Strangely enough @ Wimbledon last year I saw Jerome Haehnel rqt in the stringing room and it didnt look like a tf325 or tf315. It looked similar to a prestige type frame, more boxy than the aforementioned tf rqts.

How's the shortened tf325 playing?

regards

Paul

alfa164164
03-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Paul -
I talked to someone from TF in Miami.
Someone on these boards mentioned that a standard length 325 was going to be offered, but the TF rep said that was not the case, however he did make mention of the 335. Said that possibly a choice in stringing patterns may be offered in the 335. Maybe the 335 prototype was what Haehnel was using?
I really like the way the TF 325 plays in standard length, but I do wish TF frames had a less rectangular grip shape. Currently using the Wilson nBlade.

LethalLefty
03-28-2006, 01:59 PM
I also spoke to a TF rep at the Nasdaq. Pretty much said the same thing regarding the 335 being offered in different string patterns. He said they're targeting a Sept. 1st release date in selected tennis shops. My current stick is the 325 and I have to say there's not much I would like to change here. I hit primarily semi-western with a big forehand and I was surprised by the amount of spin that can be generated even though an 18x20 pattern. I played with the PS 85 for the longest time and could not find anything comparable until the 325 came along. Great stick!!

joe1987
03-29-2006, 01:05 AM
Woah alfa my do you change rackets quick. Hows the nblade?

La Bomba
03-29-2006, 03:26 AM
A really nice racquet is the Tecnifibre T-Feel 295, great feel, great control, great manueverability, i wouldn't mind buying one for myself. I think they are Australia and Europe exclusive, so if you're in the Americas i dont think you will find one.

alfa164164
03-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Joe - So far the nBlade is working out nice. Only reason for the change is the added comfort my soon to be 40 year old shoulder likes.
The FXP Rad Tour and RDS-001 MP both hit a heavier ball, but I don't lose too much weight of shot with the nBlade and it is sooo much more comfortable than either (strung with Isospeed Professional). If I end up getting pushed around too much with the nBlade I may go back to the RDS, but for now I will give the nBlade a run at it.