PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Symbio grips smell like a hospital?

thirdandlong15
03-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Recently put one on my Rok and everytime I play with it I get a weird hospital kind of smell on my hands. I've used alot of different overgrips and this is the only one that does it. I washed my hands over 5 times and took a shower and still the smell was on my hands after the shower. I know they are antibacterial, but I don't like walking around with smelly hands all day. Just wondering if anybody else has any complaints like mine with the grips.

backhand_finish
03-28-2006, 05:28 PM
hahaha same! i used symbio for awhile. had a good laugh after that as to why the smell doesn't go off at all!! hahah stopped using it since. quite a disgusting grip (literally).

mislav
03-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Many complaints on that one. I've never used it myself, so can not confirm, but judging by your experiences - somehow I don't have the urge to do it. :rolleyes:

slice bh compliment
03-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Depends on the hospital, I suppose.
It really must be the anti-bacterial treatment they say it is....or is it anti-microbial? Hahaha...hmmmm. Good concept, though. Very good try by the French guys.

I never smelled it, but Symbio plays and feels very good for a match or two. The dimples are cool. I just wish it felt more like Wilson Pro Overgrip or Yonex supergrap.

Ronaldo
03-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Symbio is really dry, used it for 2-3 yrs, never sniffed out a prob, though

La Bomba
03-28-2006, 08:26 PM
I think it is meant for people with really smelly hands.

Insane90DegreeSpin
03-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Why do they even mention "eliminate odors"? Maybe it's marketed for microphobes.

slice bh compliment
03-29-2006, 03:47 AM
Why do they even mention "eliminate odors"? Maybe it's marketed for microphobes.

Hahahahhah. Might as well mention pet dander.

The Babolat rep said the Bill Murray character from "What About Bob?" bought cases and cases of Symbio. He uses it for racquet sports, golf, rowing, broomhandles, kitchen utensils, bannisters, and bathroom visits.

Ripper
03-29-2006, 04:25 AM
Symbio is really dry, used it for 2-3 yrs, never sniffed out a prob, though

I think the smell issues vary according to color. I've used blue and orange. Blue stinks. Orange doesn't.

BluDiamond
03-29-2006, 06:24 AM
the white ones seem fine to me

thirdandlong15
03-29-2006, 07:39 AM
The white ones are the ones that gave me smelly hands.

Ripper
03-29-2006, 08:49 AM
The white ones are the ones that gave me smelly hands.

Maybe, it depends on each individual's body chemistry (sweat acidness, etc.)

Ronaldo
03-29-2006, 09:32 AM
I think the smell issues vary according to color. I've used blue and orange. Blue stinks. Orange doesn't.
Only used the black Symbio OG. Lasts a long while plus use it over leather so not sure if the Oh-dear is not completely natural, not really noticeable. Leave your racquets out of your bag to air-dry the grips.