PDA

View Full Version : Adding Lead to the Handle of the NCode NSix-One

infinitx
03-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi,

I tried adding lead to the handle of the NCode NSix-One 95 16x18 racquet. First of all, the butt cap was extremely hard to get off as the staples were hammered in quite deep. However, after I got the butt cap off, I found that the end of the racquet was covered with a lid so I cannot get to the holes inside the handle. The lid also seems to be nailed in.

I was wondering if any of you had success removing the additional cover. If not, if you guys were to counter-weight the NSix-One, would you just wrap the lead around the handle? This might pose a problem because the grip size is just perfect for me right now so if I wrap lead tape around the handle, it will make the grip size bigger. Or would I just wrap it around the area on the handle above where I hold the racquet?

Thank you very much.

Court_Jester
03-28-2006, 05:08 PM
One layer of lead tape over the pallet shouldn't change the grip size by much. Mine has two layers but it's still very comfortable and feels no different than before.

infinitx
03-28-2006, 05:18 PM
One layer of lead tape over the pallet shouldn't change the grip size by much. Mine has two layers but it's still very comfortable and feels no different than before.
Hmmm, ok. Where would I start wraping the tape? At the end of the butt cap closest to the rest of the racquet? So right above the butt cap?

Thanks

thejackal
03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I'd suggest a leather grip. The nCodes dont have the trap door on the buttcap that earlier prostaffs had.

Court_Jester
03-28-2006, 07:08 PM
The way I did it is by cutting the tape into 3-inch strips and laying them down in rows on the pallet. That way, the weight of the tape will be centered near the middle of my grip and hence will feel balanced. Wrapping the length of the tape like what you mentioned might shift the weight too much towards the butt cap.

If you still want to wrap the tape, try to position it so that when you hold the racquet, the tape will be under your hand or grip.

imadeulook
03-28-2006, 09:16 PM
on my racket i just wrapped one layer of lead tape like a overgrip under my replacement grip.:mrgreen:

Ripper
03-29-2006, 06:29 AM
Or would I just wrap it around the area on the handle above where I hold the racquet?

If you only use 1 hand grips, this works great.